What's new

Sub placement question (1 Viewer)

BrianWH

Agent
I have a limited number of places I can place my sub as my room and furniture are tricky to work around. I currently have it placed in a corner, forward-firing (bass port in rear) between a wall and my ent. ctr.

Is this location hurting bass quality and would it be better placed in the corner to the right of my ent. ctr.?

See the pics at my HT site below.

Thanks for the help,
Brian

My Home Theater

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Try it in both positions. I'm going to say it won't make much, if any difference at all.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think John’s right. Theoretically the right corner might be better, since it is a solid wall, but I doubt you’ll hear any difference between the two.

What would make an improvement, however, would be to get a dedicated parametric equalizer for the sub. You’ll never get the maximum performance from a sub that isn’t equalized.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Kenwood equalizer long time ago and I do believe it has a parametric setting, would it work for any sub?

The model is KE-7300 which is a stereo eq with display.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
“Would it work,” as in “will I hear changes when I move a slider?” Yes. Will it precisely tune your sub’s room response? No. Those kinds of equalizers are basically sophisticated tone controls. They’re nice for doing a little tweaking to a recording that may be overly bright or have “dark” vocals, but they will do at best only an approximate job of fine-tuning a sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks