What's new

averageJOE2

Auditioning
Real Name
binny
PLEASE HELP

I am currently using a REL 5 subwoofer that has high level connection so the bass from my left and right speakers comes out from the sub and also using LFE cable

I have upgraded sub to SVS PB1000 and want to do the same left and right speaker bass to come from sub and also use LFE
Current speakers are Bose but cause they are satellite speakers they have no bass so want to connect same way as REL
Current AMP is Sony dn-1080

Basically I want left and right speaker bass to come from sub as they are satellite speakers and cant upgrade due to room size

Will I be able to do this and if so How do I do the connections?
I have uploaded a picture of how I connect with REL cable and also a picture of back of the SVS

Thank you and sorry for the dumb question I am a beginner

Attachments

• 5M-Neutrik-Speakon-High-Level-Lead-for-REL.jpg
    5M-Neutrik-Speakon-High-Level-Lead-for-REL.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 89
  • pb-1000rear_l_5-large.jpg
    pb-1000rear_l_5-large.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 85

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What model are the Bose speakers? Some of those absolutely require the bass module, which has circuitry necessary for the satellites. In any case, you never use speaker level connections along with LFE at the same time. We can get it configured, depending on which model speakers they are.

averageJOE2

Auditioning
Real Name
binny
What model are the Bose speakers? Some of those absolutely require the bass module, which has circuitry necessary for the satellites. In any case, you never use speaker level connections along with LFE at the same time. We can get it configured, depending on which model speakers they are.
Hi John thanks for the reply..

The speakers are Bose Acoustimas the double cubes

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hi John thanks for the reply..

The speakers are Bose Acoustimas the double cubes
The bass module, which is not a subwoofer, is a critical part of that speaker system. Do you have it? I've always understood it has EQ circuitry that is needed for the satellites to work reasonably well. If you don't have it I can suggest how to best configure the receiver, but you do not connect both the LFE and speaker level connections. Your subwoofer simply isn't intended to be used that way.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, you want to use the LFE input on the sub from the sub output on the receiver. Make certain in the speaker setup that Subwoofer is set to "Yes" and all the speakers are set to "Small". Then set the crossover on all the speakers to the highest setting available. It'll hopefully be 250Hz. Report back with what it is. See how that sounds.

This will send all LFE and everything below 250Hz to the subwoofer. Those satellites are supposed to be used with the bass module, which is why I suggest setting the crossover so high, because it's not in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks