What's new

Strategic Air Command (1955). How bout Jimmy Stewart and the B-36 on Blu? (1 Viewer)

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I've seen that one as well. Wright-Patt also has another favorite of mine, the only surviving XB-70 (which should have been the B-70, successor to the B-52).

I actually missed seeing the XB-70 when I was visiting. My wife and I spent so long looking at all the aircraft at the museum that we missed the shuttle that took you to the base to see the X planes and Presidential aircraft. I have heard the museum are finishing (or have finished) an additional hangar at the museum to place all these aircraft in so you don't have to take the shuttle anymore.

It's an amazing place, I definitely recommend that anyone in the Dayton, Ohio area check the museum out that has even the slightest interest in military aviation. My wife thought she would be bored, but she loved it and actually spent a lot of time taking pictures.

billw6560

Grip
Real Name
Bill Walch
Just was wondering about this title as I have not seen it ever released on DVD (it did get a VHS release long ago). Strategic Air Command starred Jimmy Stewart as a major league baseball pitcher recalled to USAF active duty. It also featured June Allyson.
I'd just love to see those B-36 action shots on Blu. And Jimmy Stewart too.

Six Turnin & Four Burnin!!

or
Two Turnin, Two Burnin, Two Jokin and Two Smokin with two engines unaccounted for.

View attachment 11808
Wiki Excerpt:

Strategic Air Command is a 1955 American film starring James Stewart and June Allyson, and directed by Anthony Mann. Released by Paramount Pictures, it was the first of four films that depicted the role of the Strategic Air Command in the Cold War era.
The film was the second film released in Paramount's new wide-screen system, VistaVision, in color by Technicolor and Perspecta directional sound. It would also be Stewart and Mann's eighth and final collaboration and the third of three movies that paired Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson, the others being The Stratton Story and The Glenn Miller Story.

It appears that Strategic Air Command is finally coming out on Blu-Ray in October. I've been waiting years for this. See the Amazon link below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JLWHP7I/

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
It appears that Strategic Air Command is finally coming out on Blu-Ray in October. I've been waiting years for this. See the Amazon link below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JLWHP7I/

You're a little late to the party billw6560 but glad to have you along.

I would probably edit out the Amazon link on your posting as HTF Admin has a separate thread set up specifically for ordering Strategic Air Command on Blu. It helps support this web site. Click Here.

billw6560

Grip
Real Name
Bill Walch
You're a little late to the party billw6560 but glad to have you along.

I would probably edit out the Amazon link on your posting as HTF Admin has a separate thread set up specifically for ordering Strategic Air Command on Blu. It helps support this web site. Click Here.
You're right about the link, which I normally wouldn't post. Just the mention of SAC on BD would elicit a Google search, but like so many, this and many other classics still are not being reissued in Blu-Ray. I guess that the excitement got the better of me, lol. Thanks to Olive Films for keeping the flame burning.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the correct page to post such news (Blu-ray and UHD). Being a busy engineer, I don't have much time to browse the forum, in fact, I used to be on this forum many years ago under a different name, but being idle for too long, I just started over fresh. This is a great forum, and enjoy what few conversations I've had. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Bringing this one back up for information purposes only. No need for further responses as RAH's thread will serve quite nicely.
Please direct all further postings to the RAH thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks