What's new

Starfield. More than Skyrim in space (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I've been really enjoying Starfield.

However its release coincided with Path of Exile's best league in years, so pretty much of all my gaming time has been spent there. I'm hoping to dive back in to Starfield over the Christmas holidays (and probably a few weekends before, too).

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Hi
I have been waiting for this game as I am a big fan of fallout 4 and the modding capability. Never got into Skyrim as it is not my genre. How does this compare in relation to fallout 4? I play this on the PC. Unfortunately, Bethesda is known for buggy games at release and normally have to wait a year for good stability. How does the game play in that regard? Since you all had a chance to play... thoughts?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi
I have been waiting for this game as I am a big fan of fallout 4 and the modding capability. Never got into Skyrim as it is not my genre. How does this compare in relation to fallout 4? I play this on the PC. Unfortunately, Bethesda is known for buggy games at release and normally have to wait a year for good stability. How does the game play in that regard? Since you all had a chance to play... thoughts?
I haven't played the game; however, from the reviews and commentary I have watched the game generally is Lee's buggy than past Bethesda releases. The opinions of the game opened positive and still generally lean that way, but as time goes on it seems like opinions on the gameplay quality have trended downward, with a number of critics calling the campaign boring and/or complaining about the excessive load screens.

The general consensus is that if one is a fan of Bethesda games then one will enjoy the game; however, mileage may vary if a person is a.more casual player or non-fan of Bethesda's output. Modders, apparently, have already begun to work on fixing weaknesses in the game, such as the clunky UI.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I got bored to death with its empty galaxy, and the ridiculous amount of loading screens, and I’ve been a fan of Bethsoft since Morrowind.

Probably going to take a couple years of updates from the devs, and mod community, to revive this snore-fest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks