What's new

Starfield. More than Skyrim in space (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I have a real love/hate relationship with Bethesda Games' titles, but if any title could get me upgrade to a current generation console, it is probably this one. *sigh*

- Walter.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, from the beginning this game seemed way overhyped. I think it's going to be reviewed well and the early previews suggest it's one of Bethesda's least buggy game releases, but I have no interest in it. (I also completely skipped the Elder Scroll series entirely.)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been watching a Twitch streamer named Charlie White. He goes by a number of handles, Penguinz0, Charlie moist clips, etc. Someone in one of his streams asked if he was going.to play STARFIELD. His answer? After the.modders fix it. :laugh:

It's funny how many gamers just naturally think Bethesda's games will be broken. The storage space required for the game is apparently 140GB. It looks hige, but it still just keeps reminding me of NO MAN'S SKY.

Still, I hope it turns out gud and is successful for them, even though I won't be able to play it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to it. After trying all the big PS5 exclusives, and being wildly unimpressed I hope at least Microsoft has something that will keep me interested. Crossing my fingers.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I haven't been holding any specific expectations for Starfield. I'm looking forward to trying it out, or at least reading some short, spoiler-free critical impressions. I'm generally OK with the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, but the thing that people love about them (their wide-openness) often prevents me from making progress in them, since in those games I tend to chase whatever content is thrown at (or near) me.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Starfield hype-drive is reminding me of the insane level.of hype that preceded the Segway. A person could almost hear the air escaping as the hype balloon went flat with disappointment.

I hope the game turns out good, but I can almost already hear the long fartnof escaping air from the balloon when reality meets expectations.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was watching Charlie White talk about the guy who leaked a chunk of the start of the game. He initially had concerns about the game and then felt more positive about it after their showcase.

He said he checked a bit of the content that was leaked and it brought back all of the concerns he had before the showcase that Bethesda did.

Guess we will know for sure after it drops today. It will be interesting to see his reaction, at least for me. The impressions from The Act Man and Asmongold will be interesting too, especially Act Man.

His reaction video to Quantum TVs "review" of Elden Ring was funny to watch, even though it was months old.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I forgot it was being released so soon. I only focus on one game at a time, so it looks like my other recent purchases are put in storage for a few months. Damn.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I forgot it was being released so soon. I only focus on one game at a time, so it looks like my other recent purchases are put in storage for a few months. Damn.
I checked and should clarify. Early access for those who bought the digital platinum version drops today. The general drop is Sept 6; the same day as Baldur's Gate 3 drops for the PS5.

SF is a bloody huge download at a reported 140GB. Definitely don't want to be on a slow speed, capped, connection for that one. 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks