What's new

Star Trek: TNG Season 5 arrives (1 Viewer)

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
And the show also would win for make-up and effects. Tony Todd was brilliant in that episode.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Question for those who have bought it at the online best buy store. Would you still receive the bonus disc? Compared to some of the other descriptions, I've been stepping up my ebay sales in order to help pay for this one, because the descriptions for the disc sound very interesting :).

Christopher D

Second Unit
My understanding is that they do send the bonus DVD from BB online, although I haven't done that myself.

I noticed that the earlier season sets at my local BB no longer have the various bonuses included in them, so if you are a completist or "must have" type, you may not want to procrastinate too terribly long.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I apologize for not having an advance review
of this set.

Paramount never sent an early screener, and I
have yet to receive an email reply from them
regarding the status of it.

In addition, I am out here on a cruise ship in
the Caribbean until Sunday.

Hopefully, if Paramount shipped a screener, I'll
post a review on Monday 11/11. I know it will be
late, but at least it will be done.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I picked up my TNG Season 5 set at my local Suncoast (which is owned by BB), and, although the package mentioned the additional DVD "while supplies last", it wasn't available.

I was fairly upset by this, since I had pre-ordered the box over 8 weeks ago.

The extra disc is supposed to be available at Best Buy, Sam Goodys, and Suncoast; but this is apparently not the case, so be careful!!

BTW, the Nemesis promotional disc *was* included.

Christopher D

Second Unit
I just got around to checking my box and, although the label mentioned the bonus DVD it was not attached, as others have reported upthread. Will try to exchange it today.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy Bonus DVD for TNG Season 5 box set update:

I exchanged my non bonus containing set to my local Bay Area Best Buy last night. The first set was purchased in the south Bay Area and that store only had 2 sets, both without a bonus DVD. SO I exchanged that copy at a Mid Peninsula Best Buy and found that they only had 3 copies left. 2 had no bonus discs and one did! Seems that Best Buy is selling 2 versions. What's up wiyh that? But I got it, a less then perfect condition box, but I got it.

Nelson

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My local store informed me that their TV-on-DVD section is so darned packed lately with all the box set releases, that many of their extra copies are being stored in the back room.

If you are only seeing a couple of copies on the shelf, have someone check the back. They are probably back there, and since they aren't working real hard to distinguish the with-bonus version of the item, there are probably some in the overstock that they neglected to rush to the shelves!

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Picked up mine from Costco on Tuesday. Nemesis was inside.

Take a look at the rebate offer text. It states that mail order purchases are not eligible for the rebate. Is that legal? Makes me think they'd be dubious of wholesalers like Costco as well (although nothing is stated about it). Do note, though, that you need supply a receipt for only one of the 3 sets.

Doug

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Take a look at the rebate offer text. It states that mail order purchases are not eligible for the rebate. Is that legal?
Well, perhaps for false advertising if nothing else. The TV Guide ad about the new set (I posted the ad iteself somewhere on HTF; forget where) talks about the rebate and then mentions you can buy the S5 set at Amazon.com if the sets bought from Amazon aren't eligible for the rebate, THAT will spark some genuine outrage, my friends! :)

Christopher D

Second Unit
I returned my bonus-less version to BB for exchange today and was able to do so -- but at the cost of an innocent DVD set.
The lady opened the set, as is their policy for exchanging open product. She did so with a box cutter and scratched the side of the box. I tried to grin and bear that, but then she tore the paper as well, and I insisted on another, so BB's mistake and policies essentially required them to send back two otherwise perfectly good and previously sealed sets. :frowning: If I'm putting down close to seven bills for the set, I'd say I'm entitiled to have perfect packaging.
In response to discussion upthread -- if the box advertises the bonus DVD on the back it should *have* the bonus DVD. This is not a question of "limited availability"; boxes without the bonus don't advertise the bonus, so obviously there's been a screwup on some of these (at Best Buy? I'm shocked!) Feel under the back paper to see if there's a bump for the DVD; if not get another set unless you don't care about the bonus.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, I didn't make any friends at Sam Goody today, that's for sure :). I asked for a Season 5, figuring maby they'd have some in the back that wasn't put out yet. Waited a few minutes, found they where sold out, was told to come back next week when they'd have more in.
I Asked for the price, and they confirmed the $139's I thought it was. Told 'em, thanks, and that I'll look for it where it's cheaper. Maby if a few more people tell them that, they'll think to keep it at the 99$ reserve price ;).

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I went to a local Suncoast and the price was $149.99. Anyone know if the set with the bonus disc is still available at bestbuy.com? I can't seem to find it there anymore.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
We have had some reports of the bonus disc missing from some Best Buy and Musicland stores. We have set up an 800 number just in case: 800-308-3633, You cannot call as a consumer and expect to receive the bonus disc; only the stores can.

Try first to get the disc at your store and if they cannot supply, or are unaware of the advisory we sent them, then tell them to call the 800 number above and that should do it.

Cumbersome I know, but this is an exclusive, so we can't just have anyone call the 800 number and get the disc.

danak

Second Unit
Mr. Blythe,
The information about the $25 refund in the Season 5 box states that it's not valid for mail-order purchases. Does this mean online stores like Amazon and Playcentric? If so, why? Are you trying to get people to buy at least one box at a brick&morter store? Thanks.

Dana

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Thanks for the info Mr. Blythe! Always glad ta see ya here! :D
*goin to look for season 5 now..phone number in hand, just in case*

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I got my Best Buy set the other day and I'm glad to say my just had a couple of dabs of rubber cement and not permanent goob from the other releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks