What's new

Star Trek: TNG Season 5 arrives (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
http://www.samgoody.com/cgi-bin/nco...606&prodCode=03
Couldn't find it at Best Buy.com , but I found it at Sam Goody.com and it CLAIMS to have the bonus DVD. Guess we can always exchange it in a real store if it doesn't come with one.
Anyone order it online and find a bonus DVD on it?
Thanks Neil, I'm also curious if anyone's ordered it from SamGoody.com especially since it says Bonus CD-ROM as opposed to Bonus DVD.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>We have had some reports of the bonus disc missing from some Best Buy and Musicland stores. We have set up an 800 number just in case: 800-308-3633, You cannot call as a consumer and expect to receive the bonus disc; only the stores can. >>

Would this apply to online orders at Sam Goody.com as well, since Sam Goody, Best Buy, and Suncoast I beleive are all part of the Bonus DVD program?

My set should arrive in the mail tommorow, so we'll see what it comes with.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Musicland refers to any stores (or online presences) of the following chain brandnames: Suncoast, MediaPlay, Sam Goody, or OnCue.

I expect that Futureshop is included in this, IF the bonus disc is available in Canada. I think I recall hearing that it was, but take that with a grain of salt. I've been up since 2 AM, and I'm zonked...

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just an update on this,
I ordered mine from SamGoody.com. After an extremly slow shipping time(2-3 day shipping. It came a week or so later)I finally got it today.
AND, most importantly, it had the bonus disk in the back. I didn't open it yet, but I felt for an indentation and there was clearly a CD casing there.
So, if anyone was fearfull of ordering online and not getting the bonus DVD, you don't have to be anymore :).

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Ditto Neil :) I ordered mine 11/10, had the same slow shipping even though it said 2-3 days, but most importantly, the bonus disc and Nemesis CD-ROM were there when it arrived yesterday. Thanks again!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just a nnote on the slow shipping. When we called up and asked where our order was, they said they would refund the difference when it arrived. Personally, I thought they should take out ALL the shipping charges, but it was a nice sentiment.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, I've seen every ep of TNG, and through out all 18 tapes worth of shows from WB 11 when I heard the DVD's where out. Havn't seen it in a while, though, so I can't answer your question.
Ds9 is the one where about 70% of the episodes will be new to me, let alone entire seasons :).

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
What do you think about Season 6?
Season Six is where things started to go down hill. Gene was dead, and Brannon Braga was getting more power. That meant that the Trek stories began to be less based on an idea, and more on a disaster/monster/disease of the week. Year six is actually interesting to watch as a lot of the bad stuff from Voyager popped up for the first time in seasons six and seven thanks mostly to Braga (he was one of the controllers of Voyager).

There are some good episodes in six, and even fewer in seven.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That's why I'm not buying 7 until a price drop. Too many mindf*ck eps that I hated when they originally aired

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
I think 6 is worth it for "Relics", "Chain of Command", "Tapestry", "Second Chances", "Time's Arrow, Part 2", "Ship in a Bottle", "A Fistfull of Datas", "Timescape", and a couple others.

7 has "All Good Things..." and, um...heh

Eric F

Screenwriter
The information about the $25 refund in the Season 5 box states that it's not valid for mail-order purchases. Does this mean online stores like Amazon and Playcentric? If so, why? Are you trying to get people to buy at least one box at a brick&morter store? Thanks.
Ah. Thanks, I didn't notice that. I read the small print on the rebate coupon and it states that while you need all 3 proof of purchases, you only need 1 receipt from a B&M, so if I buy 2 sets at Amazon.ca and the last one at Costco ($89+tax) I still come out a few bucks ahead (like $7).

Good catch.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Season six is actually my second favorite season, and I like quite a bit of season seven too.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I read that DVDFile review too, which was a good read.
I will agree with both of Jeremy Conrad's posts (#49 & 51). To tie in with the DVDFile review's talk of "movie parody episodes", I will mention that I thoroughly enjoyed "Starship Mine", a fine take on the Die Hard concept in the TNG universe. :) I would choose to watch it over "Fistful of Datas" without even hesitating; the latter - while interesting to demonstrate more of Spiner's range, and to get Worf & Alexander together for an hour - ends up being too silly and outlandish for me in the end. For my TNG comic relief I'd rather watch Qpid (from S4), also a "movie parody".
As far as Tapestry goes, I have always considered it a remarkable episode in so many ways. Considering that it built off of a brief conversation that Picard & Wesley had in a shuttlecraft back in the S2 ep "Samaritan Snare". A fine hour of viewing here...I've been looking forward to this story! If you're tallying up the "movie parody" stories, this one falls under "It's a Wonderful Life". :D
I'll disagree with Jeff (post #50) about waiting for a price drop on 7; it was hardly the worst of the seasons! Other good episodes (besides "All Good Things...") without even trying (and at 2:30 in the morning, awake with a stuffy head!) are Lower Decks, Gambit (2-parter), The Pegasus, and Journey's End. There are others, but I can't think right now...

Joel C

Screenwriter
Parallels with Worf shifting between universes is pretty cool. And I liked Masks, where the ship shifted around to look like a temple. Lots of science geeks hated Genesis, but the stupidity of the DNA explanation didn't bother me. Descent Part II was pretty good as well.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
David, the problem is that the eps in season 7 that i hate, I REALLY despise, and it makes up close to half the season
I really really appriciate Paramount bringing these out so fast, I just hate most of that season :)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Parallels with Worf shifting between universes is pretty cool.
Yes indeed, it is pretty cool, but it introduced an element to the ST universe that ruined it.(At least B&B use it far too often)

Now (as we saw in Voyager and now in Ent) anything can happen and be excused as an "alternate" timeline/universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks