What's new

Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 2 Details (1 Viewer)

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon's ad calls this an 8-disc set, while BB says it includes 7 discs + a special "Star Trek Favorite Moments" disc. Does the Amazon package include the bonus disc, or is that a misprint? Either way, it's hard to rationalize a $40 price difference.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully those aren't the complete specs because theres NO mention of preview trailers or text commentaries on the set.

I'd be REALLY disapointed if those features are not included.

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been able to confirm the text commentaries, but S2 trailers were available on the VHS and LD releases, so it would be strange not to include them with the S2 DVD set.

The UK retail site, www.play.com, announced the following special features for the R2 S3 set, one of which will presumably be on a BB bonus disc for the R1 release.Interestingly, their list of 24 episodes does not include The Cage.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up, Star Trek TOS S2 is available Election Day, Nov.2.

I believe the rules of the forum are that direct links to DVD reviews on other sites is frowned upon. Just FYI, there's a review of this set on a leading Star Trek website. It's a long review that I did not read, but I did see one heading for the extras that said they were balanced this time around. It's a great season even without reading it as most of us long time fans know, many excellent epsidoes contained within it. I'm sure the quality of the discs will be on the same level as the S1 set. It's the extras that will make the difference and these are looking like they go further then S1 did. Looking forward to it!

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I've viewed about 3/4 of the special features. There is one, "Designing the Final Frontier," that is a fascinating look at set design for the original Trek - one of the best Star Trek featurettes to date.

I had hoped to post a full review today, but I didn't make it. I'll post by Sunday.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks