What's new

Spiderman Trailer tonight on Temptation Island 2!!!!December 13th (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
About the "I'm Spider-Man!" line in the trailer... I LOVED it. It sounds to me like he's saying it out loud for the first time, convincing himself that YES, he is Spider-Man. I hope it's in the movie too.

/Mike

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
mark_d:
Maybe it's a UK/US thing, but audiences OFTEN cheer in the movie theaters here. Mostly at the end of a great film, rather than in the middle of it, though. SOMETIMES they'll cheer when the good guy finally kills the bad guy, but that's more rare.
This whole phenomenon is ESPECIALLY common in the Los Angeles area. It could be that it evolved from applauding after the premiere of a movie, when the director, producers and stars are often in attendance.
When I went to see Star Wars: Special Edition in 1997, the theater litterally erupted in chears and applause as soon as the golden words "STAR WARS" hit the screen with John Williams' trumpet blast.
Its usually not distracting, as people often pipe down quickly. I think it adds to the fun (usually).

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
My Theater Crowd erupted in applause at TPM once when the Star Wars banner flashes at the beginning, once when a certain bad person gets "mauled," and once at the end.

Now, on topic. I want to bring up one point that everyone should keep in mind. Many times, the need to build interest for a movie by a studio often precedes the completion of the elements of that movie. This usually means Special Effects, but could also be sound mix, sound fx, or any post-production activity in the movie making process. Therefore it follows that some of the shots you see in the trailer possibly are, as of yet, unfinished. Looks a little too CGI? I'm just saying there may be a reason for this. This is a fairly common practice.

Another thing I'd like to say is that I never trust a trailer too much, not about film quality, but about specific scenes featured in the trailer. All to often, I've seen a movie and realized at the end, "I didn't see (scene X)." Sometimes these are outtakes from the film, and oftentimes the filmmakers decide these scenes are not to be used in the film, but make great establishing scenes for the trailer.

And may God bless the hottie Kirsten Dunst, oh wait, looks like he already did...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
The first 2 times I saw FOTR the audience cheered when Lurtz got his top popped. :D I cheered with them.
During T2 there was all sorts of cheering and other reactions. I find it very enhancing of the film experience if the audience is a good one, meaning that they react correctly to the scenes in the film.
Back to Spiderman, seeing the trailers on for the Super Bowl got me psyched. I am sold now, I think it looks to have a consistent style of a living comic book much like Batman or X-men. Cartoonish, yes, but in a good way.
I'm excited to see it at this point unless it gets some pretty bad reviews.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The movie seems to be entertaining to everyone while being faithful to the comics. X-Men was similar, and if that set some sort of precedent, then I would not be surprised to see some comic to movie changes in the story or plot.

I would be pissed if they killed off the Green Goblin. Letting the bad guys get away (just barely) lets them be in a sequel. X-Men did this on purpose for the most part(3 movies with a lot of the same bad guys) and I would like them to do it for Spiderman, unless thats not how the comics go.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they should definitely let the villains survive! I hated how they killed off the Joker in the first Batman movie. :angry:
I mean, yeah, they could kill the Green Goblin and let Harry Osborn become GG in another movie, but I'd still prefer they didn't.
/mike

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They should kill him off, but make it so that he can still come back, then introduce him in a different getup in the middle of a big fight in the second film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks