What's new

SPHE Press Release: Big Fish (2003) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FROM VISIONARY DIRECTOR TIM BURTON
STARRING EWAN McGREGOR, ALBERT FINNEY, BILLY CRUDUP AND JESSICA LANGE

title.jpg

AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME ON 4K ULTRA HD™ MAY 4TH

WITH HOURS OF BEHIND-THE-SCENES BONUS MATERIALS

520c0739-0769-4c49-b342-f9a5311c3fd1.jpg

SYNOPSIS
Throughout his life Edward Bloom (Ewan McGregor) has always been a man of big appetites, enormous passions and tall tales. In his later years, portrayed by five-time Best Actor Oscar® nominee Albert Finney (Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Erin Brockovich, 2000), he remains a huge mystery to his son, William (Billy Crudup). Now, to get to know the real man, Will begins piecing together a true picture of his father from flashbacks of his amazing adventures in this marvel of a movie.

DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIAL
4K ULTRA HD DISC
Newly Remastered in 4K resolution from the original camera negative, with HDR10
All-new Dolby Atmos audio + original theatrical 5.1 audio

BLU-RAY DISC™
Feature presented in HD, sourced from the new 4K master
Tim Burton Audio Commentary, Moderated by Mark Salisbury
The Character’s Journey
Edward Bloom at Large
Amos at the Circus
Fathers and Sons
The Filmmaker’s Path
Tim Burton: Storyteller
A Fairytale World
Creature Features
The Author’s Journey
Original Cast Interviews & Behind the Scenes
Easter Eggs
Theatrical Trailer
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Tim Burton
Screenplay By: John August
Based on a Novel by: Daniel Wallace
Producers: Richard D. Zanuck, Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks
Executive Producer: Arne L. Schmidt
Cast: Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, Jessica Lange, Helena Bonham Carter, Alison Lohman, Robert Guillaume, Marion Cotillard with Steve Buscemi and Danny DeVito

SPECS
Run Time: Approx. 125 minutes
Rating: PG-13 for a fight scene, some images of nudity and a suggestive reference
Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA | Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is still my favorite film of Tim Burton's career. I think it's just phenomenal.

The original Blu-ray release omitted all of the bonus features except the audio commentary. It's great to hear those will all be back in addition to a new Blu-ray transfer. I look forward to buying this and ditching my old DVD.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon sent me an email today with a delivery range of May 6-11 for this. It's not a big deal and I'll keep the order, but it is a wider range than usual for a title being released on May 4.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I noticed tonight that Amazon's algorithm generated a delivery date of May 6 for new orders, as opposed to a range of May 6-May 11 for the pending order I placed back in February when this was announced. So I cancelled the original order and re-ordered to get the sooner delivery date. This is a total first-world problem, by which I mean it isn't a problem at all if I get the disc a little later than street date. But I also have a couple other longstanding preorders with wide-ranging delivery estimates, which is unusual for Prime. Release date delivery on pre-orders continues to be an advertised feature for Prime and one of the things I like most about my membership. So I notice on the occasion that they deviate from that. Even during the early days of the pandemic, delays receiving my pre-orders were exceedingly rare, so it isa little odd to see several upcoming orders without delivery estimates on the release date.

In any case, I am very much looking forward to getting this next week as I am upgrading from DVD and can't wait to see it in HD. Although I don't have 4K capability right now, this is one of those cases where Sony's extra effort in remastering the Blu-ray and including the previously missing DVD bonus features have earned them an additional sale. I am glad to show my support of this release since they are giving me a beneficial upgrade that I can use. It would have been possible to just reuse the existing Blu-ray, but I'm glad they've put in the extra work and aren't doing that. I love this movie and can't wait to see it look better than my DVD from 16 years ago.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I cancelled and re-ordered again and got a delivery date of May 4 this time, which is the release date. I also got a shipping confirmation when I woke up this morning (which is relatively early for Amazon these days) with a delivery date of Tuesday.

It's weird that their algorithm will give earlier delivery dates to later pre-orders.

But it's done now and I'll have the disc on the release date, which is what I wanted from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks