What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: The Karate Kid (1984) (4k UHD Retro Packaging) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE ICONIC FAN FAVORITE RETURNS TO 4K ULTRA HD™
IN CELEBRATION OF ITS 40TH ANNIVERSARY
521d1593-057a-eb70-61f4-594b566c48a2.png
f8400c6d-74b5-7da6-b219-f706e04fba9b.jpg
AVAILABLE WITH COLLECTIBLE VHS-STYLE PACKAGING AND
NEW SPECIAL FEATURES ON JUNE 18TH
SYNOPSIS
Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the coming-of-age classic — from Academy Award®-winning director John G. Avildsen (1976, Rocky) — that will leave you cheering! There is more to karate than fighting. This is the lesson that Daniel (Ralph Macchio), a San Fernando Valley teenager, is about to learn from a most unexpected teacher: Mr. Miyagi (Noriyuki “Pat” Morita in his Academy Award®-nominated performance, Best Supporting Actor, 1984), an elderly handyman who also happens to be a master of the martial arts. His training and these vital lessons will be called into play when an outmatched Daniel faces Johnny (William Zabka), the skilled leader of the Cobra Kai — a vicious gang of karate school bullies — in a no-holds-barred karate tournament for the championship of the Valley.
DISC DETAILS AND BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC

• Restored from the original camera negative, presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
  • English Dolby Atmos + English 5.1 + English Stereo
  • Special Features:
    • ALL-NEW: Commentary with the Creators of Cobra Kai Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg
    • ALL-NEW: Over 30 Minutes of Deleted Scene Dailies – go behind the scenes of this classic favorite like never before with raw footage from a variety of unused scenes!
    • 4 Deleted Scenes
    • Remembering The Karate Kid Featurette
    • Theatrical Trailer
BLU-RAY DISC™
  • Feature presented in high definition
  • English 5.1
  • Special Features:
    • Blu-Pop™ Pop-Up Track
    • Commentary with Director John G. Avildsen, Writer Robert Mark Kamen and Actors Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita
    • “The Way of The Karate Kid” Multi-Part Making-Of Featurette
    • “Beyond the Form” Featurette
    • “East Meets West: A Composer’s Notebook”
    • “Life of Bonsai” Featurette
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: John G. Avildsen
Produced By: Jerry Weintraub
Written By: Robert Mark Kamen
Cast: Ralph Macchio, Noriyuki "Pat" Morita, Elisabeth Shue, Martin Kove, William Zabka

SPECS
Run Time: Approx. 127 minutes
Rating: PG
4K UHD Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
4K UHD Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English 5.1 DTS-HD MA | English Stereo DTS-HD MA

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Karate-K...82-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Aww, Sony! Why are you doing this to me?

It makes me wonder if Sony had a pre-meditated plan to encourage double-dipping on catalog UHD titles by releasing everything with HDR-10 at first then adding Dolby Vision a few years later.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It makes me wonder if Sony had a pre-meditated plan to encourage double-dipping on catalog UHD titles by releasing everything with HDR-10 at first then adding Dolby Vision a few years later.

Not to mention adding SteelBook packaging. 🤨

Which means that this title will probably get a triple-dip...

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Not to mention adding SteelBook packaging. 🤨

Which means that this title will probably get a triple-dip...
This is the triple dip.
1) 35th Anniversary
2)Karata Kid Collection(added Dobly Vision & 4 deleted scenes about 3:15 min)
3)4oth Anniversary(new commentary track & 30 min of dallies)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I only have the 35th anniversary and skipped the collection because I don’t care for any of the other films. I’ll probably end up getting this when preorders open up.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Aww, Sony! Why are you doing this to me?

wax GIF
;) ...

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have to say I’m unlikely to purchase this. I already have the first 3 films in 4Kuhd. And it contains commentary features extras

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon preorder is live

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks