What's new
World Wide Stereo

Speaker Suggestions ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have been trying to find speakers that will go with my Altec Lancing A7 Voice Of The Theaters. This has made it very difficult as they are very efficent and dynamic. I have been looking for the right speaker for over 6 years now and I could use some suggestions. So if you are familure with the VOTT's I would love to hear from you. Recently I was on JBL's web site and they have a new line of speakers. After looking into the JBL Project Array Speakers I thought I was all set and my seach was over. Well if I had loads of cash pouring out of my rear I would be ok, $15,700 not including a subwoofer for 7 speakers.

I currently use a Polk Audio CS100 center channel, its ok but is to small to keep up with the Altec's. The rear speakers are Advents that where always going to be temparary anyway. I use 1 pair for each rear channel, I use a Yamaha RX-V995 reciever which is also slated to be upgraded. I will most likely replace that with a Denon AVR-4306 7.1 reciever. And if everything works out I will add a power amp to it later. Would love to hear some suggestions.

Current Equipment List
Yamaha RX-V995 5.1 Surround Reciever - Will be upgraded
Sony DVP-S9000 ES DVD/SACD Player - Upgade or keeping ?
Denon DVD-2200 DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player
Marantz LV-520 Laserdisc
Denon DCD-1290 CD Player - Will most likely end up in a different room
Denon DTR-2000 DAT Recorder
JVC QL50 Turntable
Panasonic RV-9660 4 Head VHS - not sure why I still have this ???
Sony KDF-E50A10 50" HDTV

Equipment I will be adding:
Sony or Pioneer Elite Blu-ray HD Player OR HD-DVD player if Sony does not have there act together by next year.

Adcom GFA-7805 7 Channel Amp ?

1080p front projector

Stewert Film Screen - 120"

Looking into outboard Farudja 1080p video processor - depends on funds

728x90

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Ok can anyone suggest another web site that might have people that might have some sugestions for me?

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

Try audiogon.com and audioasylum.com for more people with experience with that type of top product.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You should find someone that has Rockets or Refs from AV123.com and have a listen. With the prices they have now for full set ups its hard to pass up the quality and sound of these things. Or order a set of the fronts and see if you like them then order the rest of you package. Shipping is not that bad for something that your going to plan to keep for a long time.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks for the suggestion Mike, they look like they would be nice speakers. But one thing I am set on is keeping my Altec A-7's no matter what. And while these Rockets may sound nice I can not use them just based on this (Efficiency: 87dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter). My Altecs are alot more efficient that that so the rockets are not efficient enough.

I appreciate your input as any suggestions are helpful.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Oh well you will find something out there you will like I am sure since there are so many options... Good Luck
Mike

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Dave: did you find anything to keep up with those VOTTs?

It's such a shame another grand name in loudspeakers was reduced to selling plastic computer speakers and other pedestrian products because of a buy-out deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks