What's new

Sound Lost In Movie (1 Viewer)

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
I am almost finished with my HT system. I am running Axiom M60 for my left and right channels, Axiom VP150 for my center, SVS sub PC12-NSD, Martin Logan Motion 4 for my surround and Pioneer Elite SC-35 for my receiver. I am new at all this so my question is does music play a lot louder than when you're watching movies? When I'm listening to music I would have my receiver on about -25 and it is really loud. When I am watching a movie it seem like I have to turn it up to about -10 to get it to produce the same volume as get setting the volume at -25 for music. Even at -10 the center channel seem to be very low. I understand that there are a lot of variable that can cause this but I was hoping someone can narrow the problem down for me. Do I need a better center speaker? My HT room is 11ft wide and 33ft long. Thank you guys.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The VP150 is the best you will get from Axiom and it will be more than enough for your room. I have the same front speakers in my slightly bigger room. Make sure your speakers are pointing at you and your center is not buried in a cabinet. Then use MCACC on your Pioneer to calibrate the speakers.

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Thank you guys for your quick respond. I played around with the Sc35 and got it to sound a lot better. Here's a look at my unfinished HT.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Very nice. My one comment would be to lower your left/right speakers if it ss not too late. The tweeters should be roughly the same level as your ears.

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Thank you guys for some awesome responds. I have tweaked my receiver and now everything sound the way I want it to sound. I am so happy and proud of my HT. Casey, I have definitely considered sound absorption and diffusers. I just want to set all my furnitures in and see what I need. I just added carpet and some theater seats and a bar counter. I will audition it a little more before I decide if I need any adjustment to my setup. For the moment I am truly happy with my setup. Thank you again guys for all your help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks