What's new

Sony Archive MOD (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Did they ever rerelease The Trouble With Angels? This seems like a good avenue to right their previous wrong with that poor quality pan & scan transfer that shamefully got a pressed disc release a decade or so ago.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Camps said:
Existence of decent -- and available -- prints of all save for "Night of Terror" is a question mark. We know a nice "Night" print exists since it's been shown on GetTV; a print of "Affair" is said to be held by UCLA.

When did GetTV air "Night of Terror"?

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Nothing new was released in January and only 1 new title is being released on February 9 - Jean Yarbrough's Triple Threat (1948)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I'd love to see PASSPORT TO CHINA (1961) but I'm guessing that's tied up in Rights Hell... :(

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Released on April 5. This is 1938 film directed by John Brahm

61K0e0ipQbL._SL400_.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sony Classics are releasing Slaves Of Babylon on DVD. I'd never heard of this film, and as it's a Sam Katzman/William Castle joint effort, it's probably ultra cheap garbage. On the other hand it does star Richard Conte whom I've always liked and Linda Christian who is alluring in a rather obvious way.

SlavesofBabylon.jpg

I'll wait for reviews but I might be interested in this disc.

paul pisano

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
paul pisano
last night i saw all the young men on grit tv. hoping for a dvd release. it is a pretty cool alan ladd film.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Is this line totally dead now? I was always keeping an eye out for various odds and ends, like the occasional Buck Jones or Tim McCoy releases, or minor little gems like aforementioned "Girls School.". Seems like several months have gone by with absolutely nothing.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Is this line totally dead now? I was always keeping an eye out for various odds and ends, like the occasional Buck Jones or Tim McCoy releases, or minor little gems like aforementioned "Girls School.". Seems like several months have gone by with absolutely nothing.

It's now called Sony Pictures Choice Collection. The TCM Shop shows four releases in August: The Prisoner, Once Upon a Time, Gone With the Bullets, and The Loves of Carmen.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It's now called Sony Pictures Choice Collection. The TCM Shop shows four releases in August: The Prisoner, Once Upon a Time, Gone With the Bullets, and The Loves of Carmen.

Well, I'm glad it's not totally moribund, although I bought The Loves Of Carmen when it first came out decades ago in the early days of DVD. There is still so much that I want on disc: in particular two of the Warwick productions Cubby Broccoli and Irwin Allen made, The Man Inside and Tank Force (aka No Time To Die)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Some Sony Choice Collection BD-Rs are now up for preorder on Amazon, release date 11/1, price $26.99: GIDEON OF SCOTLAND YARD, NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE, NEIGHBORS, and the theatrical cut of STRIPES.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks