What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Still think that Lex can't get any nastier, Patrick? ;)

I'm still reeling from this episode, what a freakin' dark and twisted ride! The old Lex is dead, he's deader than dead, he's well, a lot dead. ;)

Sorry if i'm not articulate right now but I just can't get over how awesome this episode was, I always knew that someday Lionel would get it at the hands of his son but it still didn't prepare me for how it went down. Michael Rosenbaum made me do something that I have never done with any past Lex...he made me very afraid of him! :frowning:

I don't even think Anakin finally becoming Darth Vader had this sort of impact on me, looking into Lex's eyes you could see nothing but hate, sick, perverse and unbridled hate.

I'm going to go watch this one again. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Next season: Touched by a Kryptonian.

They should put in the part where Lex throws his good conscience/kid into the fire into the opening credits montage.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"no one will even remember your name"
and with a blink of the eye, .....

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
OK, so, in the Boston area, something was wicked wrong with the CW and the sound kept cutting in and out (no sound for the first 12 minutes, missing a few more somewhere in the middle, and out of sync for the second half) -- best episode of the year, and they destroy the broadcast.

Despite all of that, I was incredibly moved.

I hope I get a chance to see it again sometime with some audio. Turns out, sound is important. Who woulda thunk it?

(Seething with Lex-like rage...)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hey, other than Smallville, I didn't get anything tonight. Fifth Grader and Lyrics were both off because of weather reporting, and I flipped around and saw that every network show was lost because of it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

And then he kills Gina before she can confirm to him that Clark is The Traveler.
And we didn't get to see a "D'oh!" scene when he hears her message. Of course, Lex really has to know Clark is the Traveler, but ...

Neil

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That would have been fuuny, to have Lex playback his messages and see him slap his own forehead with his palm lol.

So much was laid to rest last night, Lex's goodness, he and Clark's friendship, Lionel and Gina. Rosenbaum, IMHO, deserves an Emmy nod for this episode, but we all know that will never happen.

Eat your evil hearts out Hackman and Spacy, you both have zip on Rosenbaum's Lex.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Wait, that was Lex who killed Gina? I thought it was some dude we didn't know. A dude with hair. I wish I hadn't deleted my recording now.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The phrase "Lex killed someone" doesn't have to mean "Lex killed someone with his own hands". If an assassin working for Lex kills in accordance with his orders, it's functionally identical.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I guess I didn't make the leap that Lex hired someone. I thought it was some mysterious dude, possibly the new vessel of Jor-El. Hell if I know.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually didn't make the connection that it was one of Lex's guys who killed her, the thought that popped in my head when it happened was that it was someone who worked for Lionel and was protecting the Travlers secret.

But Lex knowing that Gina knew I knew that he knew that he had to keep her from knowing what she knew, ya know. :crazy:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Right, that's what I thought and why I assumed that Lex ordered the hit. He knew that she knew he killed Lionel and so had to get rid of her. Plus she had been touching him - can't have that.

Neil

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
come on it was so obvious.
Lex just killed his Father and the woman kept touching him and he kept giving her the stink eye.
plus it was telegraphed just by the way she kept saying we did it and
her implying she knows what lex did.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Sad that they killed the last remaining cast member over 50. So Jonathan, Martha and now Lionel are gone. Now we are left with the whiney crowd.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, this show just can do no right with some people.

It makes no differnece that it was an incredible episode that helped propel things foreward? All some are capable of seeing is the negative.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I just watched this last night and all I can say is... Wow! What an AWESOME episode!

The "descent" of Lex was everything I hoped it would be and more!

It is the increasingly rare brilliant episode like this that keeps me coming back week after week. It's hard to fathom that this is the same show that only a handful of weeks ago sunk to an all-time low (IMHO) with an episode about Kryptonite gum!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this episode could have been setting the stage for a series finale. I wonder if we'll eventually learn that Millar/Gough really wanted to wrap things up this season, but the ratings-starved CW said no, and that's what led to their decision to exit...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

When the strike began, the producers of Smallville said they weren't going to get hit as heavy as everyone else, because they had scripts up to episode 16, and that if needbe, that 16th episode could serve as a season finale. "Descent" was episode 16, and if the writers had never come home, it would have worked pretty well in that capacity.

The last three episodes have been great, with the most recent being outstanding. I hope they can keep it up for the last few weeks, although I suspect there will be at least one "filler" episode in there as it seems like they never air too many of the really great episodes in a row.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
They only had 15 shows pre-strike. Veritas was the potential season finale. M/G said they went in and raised the cliff on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks