What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Smallville season 10 (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway

What a piece of shit that last episode was. Might be the worst one they've ever done. The writing was plain awful, uninspired, and the whole thing was a tired experience from the first scene to the last. And the writers of The Hangover should seek royalty payments, because that wasn't an homage or a tip of the hat, but straight-up theft. Check that - it's was theft with the added insult of completely flushing anything humorous down the toilet.

I mean... damn, was it putrid. I feel embarrassed on behalf of the cast for having to be involved with it.

I couldn't agree more, in fact that is how this whole season has been. As I said before, these "writers" are complete idiots and have nothing they can actually write. Everything they have done has been total rip-offs of ideas others have done, only MUCH better. There is not one shred of original creative content and I am surprised Marvel and others have not sued them over copyright infringement. Most likely because they feel it is not worth their time to even consider their trash worthy of the trouble. This season is totally ruined no matter what they do for me and it has also ruined some of the others I have liked before these pin-heads came in.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Then I'm sure you'll both be happy to note that The Hangover with superpowers was the highest rated episode the show's had in years.

I didn't mind it too much. It was stupid and unconscionably derivative, but it was entertaining and the ending was kind of sweet. There's something about Clark as a happy drunk pulling all sorts of harmless pranks with his superpowers that tickled my funny bone.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

There's something about Clark as a happy drunk pulling all sorts of harmless pranks with his superpowers that tickled my funny bone.

If it had been handled better I'd agree. The idea of Clark basically on Red Kryptonite without the dickish behavior is funny.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The last fifteen minutes or so, when things got more serious, were alright. The rest of the time, I was thinking, "Why do shows ways do this?" They have a comedy episode that just isn't funny and that you know will have no lasting consequences. At least it didn't end with a reset button like I figured it would.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just want to stick my head in a say that the episode also "borrowed" a little from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with Lois in the role of Willy Scott scrambling to get the ring during the chaos and having it constantly kicked away, I was waiting for an ice bucket to fall over and seeing her scream "Noooo!!!!" lol.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if this could be considered a back-door pilot for the future exploits of Superboy on the CW.

This episode harkened back to the more classic episodes of Smallville in the middle of its run. Too bad Lois suffered her 156th concussion in this episode, though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I never even considered this kid as Connor Kent until Tess mentioned he had Clark DNA. There's a lot of potential if they do spin it off, since you'll have a Superboy who is constantly afraid of giving in to his dark side. The kid they've got isn't bad, but he looks like a young Dave Foley to me. Good episode. I half expected a black ring to crash into Lex's grave at the end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'd already seen spoiler photos of Connor in the black t-shirt with the red "S" on it, so I knew where they were going with this episode.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, didn't love the episode, but after last week anything would be an improvement.

Gotta say, I'm glad that Lex will not be returning via this clone storyline. The obvious guess is that Darkseid will be resurrecting the original Lex sans knowledge about Clark's powers, and I'm thinking Lionel 2.0 will die (or will his death be required to resurrect Lex?) before he can impart this information. Doesn't quite explain how everyone that's known Clark for a few years now at the Daily Planet will accept him readily as a clumsy geek, but hey, it's something.

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
It seemed like Clark was genuinely afraid of Conner at the end before the fight began. That was weird. There should be no way that Conner poses a threat to Clark given that is only has half his DNA and is much younger and far smaller physically. Yet he manhandled Clark very easily. Even if Conner had all of Clark's DNA there still shouldn't be any way that he poses a threat given the age and build differences. Just weird. But you could see in Clark's eyes, he had that 'oh shit' look.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was fear in Tom Welling's eyes, being an executive producer, he knew they didn't have the budget to do an all-out super-powered fight between Clark and Conner. Heh.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Pretty good episode but with only a half a dozen episodes left, why are they doing this story?I

Is Chloe gone for good or is she returning before the series ends???

Also, where is Krypto?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just ... wow, this show has kind of killed me this year. The first few seasons, which I raced through were great. Lex was a complex, interesting character who I as a person in the audience related to and I found that complex story of how to handle the good and bad interesting. But as the show went on, it went in a direction that has just been crazy. Up and down. And, after a while, I rooted for the show to provide us "Superman!" get him to fly, to start doing some real action.. instead, we're in the last season and I get uber-melancholy Clark and week after week of mealy mouth exposition. God, I'm hoping this rallies, because at this point, "Lois & Clark: The Adventures of Superman" is now far more fun.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As always, I feel like we're missing a chapter in the story between episodes. Chloe and Oliver left when the gang was watching the video in Watchtower two weeks ago without saying a word. Now Clark knows they're in Star City and is okay with both jumping ship when he knows the darkness is coming. Not to mention Oliver has the big Omega symbol on his forehead.

I understand these heroes are regular people too...but come on. You can't just bail on the city and your team for the heck of it. There had to be a conversation, at least, about this somewhere. I just wish we saw it.

The only good thing to come out of the last two episodes is finally getting the Darkseid plot back on the front burner. I'm real tired of alterna-Lionel and more Luthor family drama.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The VRA story was panned from both sides of the political aisle, and now you're saying you don't like their big Lionel Luthor push. I think it's safe to say this season is largely a bust.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The VRA could have been a spectacular storyline but it got destroyed by being schizophrenic. And if you go back in this thread to when Lionel crossed into our world, I am on record thinking it was a terrible idea. I'm even more convinced of that now. I would prefer they do stories with the League or have a few stories set on Apocalypse to fight Darkseid. This season has felt like nothing but a victory lap, greatest hits if you will. The "great darkness" has completely been overshadowed. Eject all this foolish Connor Kent and Lionel Luthor stuff and you get more time to devote to things like the VRA.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They should have thrown out any kind of overarching story and just had Clark take the final steps to the big S. I never like Darkseid anyway.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jason_V

The VRA could have been a spectacular storyline but it got destroyed by being schizophrenic. And if you go back in this thread to when Lionel crossed into our world, I am on record thinking it was a terrible idea. I'm even more convinced of that now. I would prefer they do stories with the League or have a few stories set on Apocalypse to fight Darkseid. This season has felt like nothing but a victory lap, greatest hits if you will. The "great darkness" has completely been overshadowed. Eject all this foolish Connor Kent and Lionel Luthor stuff and you get more time to devote to things like the VRA.

No, this whole season has been total trash. As I have said before, the "VRA" just gives the writers a soap box for their own personal views and it has no place on a show, especially like this. Even if you are one of the "VRA" fans, this sort of thing has been done before with Marvel. Bottom line is the writers are just brain dead and have not even an ounce of talent combined. It's lazy, sloppy and just pitiful out of everything you can do with such great characters like these to leave them in the hands of such poor "writers". I would take nearly any story line from all the different DC comics of Superman/Superboy/Smallville over anything done here.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I understand what you're saying, Jeffrey, and the only thing I would say in response in all media (TV, music, writing, movies, etc.) carries a certain amount of the creators sensibilities. It's virtually impossible not to. Just because Smallville was largely able to walk the line for nine years doesn't necessarily mean that was the correct way to do the show...or that the problems you have with the VRA storyline was correct, either. These were creative choices, for better or worse. A number of years ago, the writer/s of the Green Lantern comic did a storyline where a gay friend of Kyle Raynor's got either beat up badly or killed for being gay (if I remember the storyline right). That could be seen as the writer/s injecting their beliefs or what they felt were important topics into the comic.

The same can go for the various drug storylines over the years in comics which were big major deals. Could those be seen as public services? Sure, but to some people they may have been heavy handed and inappropriate for comics. Different strokes for different folks.

I would also step back from calling the writers brain dead, lazy, sloppy and without an ounce of talent between them. I'm not sure about you, but they're either writing on a television show which has been on for 10 years or were left in charge of that show by the guys who created it...and I'm not. Let's face facts: Smallville has had moments of brilliance, but has never ever gone "above average." It's not like these people brought down a once Emmy winning show.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
How many more episodes are left? It cant be much more than 6 or so. I'm hoping it will start rocking ASAP. I have been waiting for this s a LONG time and am tired of the "let down" episodes, which seem to be in the majority this season.

If it weren't "big finish" time, I actually believe I would walk away form this show. That's saying a LOT coming from this faithful Superman fanatic.

C

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks