What's new

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
As we know, this movie is wonderful. Like probably all of you, I got the blu-ray from ten years ago, but iirc I watched it a couple of times back then, but somehow haven't pulled it out since. Can it really have been ten years? I think so, because there were some parts of the movie I remembered clearly, while others had faded a bit. Anyway, I'd also somewhat forgotten how funny it was. I was laughing out loud several times. It also gave me flashbacks (some good, some not-so-good) to the recent movie Babylon, which was clearly meant as a prequel. Although Singin' looks better than it's ever looked, I felt several times that I could tell that the OCN is mostly lost. For Warner Archive 3-strip Technicolor titles where the original negatives exist, they look even better, not surprisingly. Still, this 4k is a wonderful presentation of an excellent movie, one which deserves its reputation.

I still can't believe they aren't remastering the blu-ray that comes with this set. ??? Also, why do they put the 4K on the left side, under the paper for the digital copy? Still, it was worth it for me to pay the c. $20 to get this one in the best quality....

singin' poster.jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 10.43.46 AM.png

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Just finished watching the entire 4k. A botch and I don't know how they got this so wrong. I saw this film many times in NY in the mid 70s. The color of Lina's lavender dress when she comes in to discuss her contract towards the end of the film was brilliant and one of the best costumes in the film. Here it is slightly washed out and dull. Too bad. But they got most of it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks