What's new

Singin' in the Rain 70th Anniversary 4K Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The biggest issue I have for this 4K release is that the original three-strip Technicolor negatives for Singin' in the Rain are lost. Without the OCN I'm not sure how much more a 4k can do over the already good enough blu-ray. But yes, my second issue is that the extras puff up the price and take up shelf space.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
And a lamppost.
its raining its pouring gene kelly GIF by Turner Classic Movies

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Ha! Just what my apartment needs ..... more unnecessary clutter on the shelves. Maybe they'll release a "just the movie, please!" edition for the rest of us.
They'll most likely release a stand-alone 4K UHD after a year, or so. Just about every US and European big "Special Edition" release, by any label, gets a plain disc release a year later. In Scandinavia, we always get the Warner 4K UHD releases released locally, with no "Special Edition" packaging.

Chuck_Kahn

Stunt Coordinator
The biggest issue I have for this 4K release is that the original three-strip Technicolor negatives for Singin' in the Rain are lost. Without the OCN I'm not sure how much more a 4k can do over the already good enough blu-ray. But yes, my second issue is that the extras puff up the price and take up shelf space.
Vinegar Syndrome's Beastmaster 4K was from an intermediate element and looked pretty darn good. I'm sure WB has greater technical resources at their disposal to create a worthwhile 4K master.

Reactions: PMF

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Rita Moreno seems to be one of the few actors in the film still alive to comment on the film. Otherwise it will be previously released comments.

No umbrella included in this set unlike the blu ray. No sure what one would do with the silhouette of Gene Kelly and the lamp post. Is that supposed to be a bookmark?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks