What's new

Shout! Factory's 2012 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (2 Viewers)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The TERROR TRAIN acquisition came about when Shout! chose to put out W.W. AND THE DIXIE DANCE KINGS, but since they ran into trouble trying to clear a song, which didn't happen, Cliff traded it back to FOX for TERROR TRAIN.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by SWFF /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/60#post_3878534
The TERROR TRAIN acquisition came about when Shout! chose to put out W.W. AND THE DIXIE DANCE KINGS, but since they ran into trouble trying to clear a song, which didn't happen, he traded it back to FOX for TERROR TRAIN.
Terror Train will be a welcomed addition, hope it is in Blu.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Yes, it will. Shout is releasing it in standard AND in blu, like they did with some of their Corman flicks.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Good news re: TERROR TRAIN on Blu, as it's so inventively and atmospherically shot by John Alcott.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/60#post_3878668
So Terror Train is sort of like a consolation prize for Shout? They weren't all that interested in the film?

Hmmm, that does sound weird, since Cliff said that was one of his favorite movies. Maybe, he didn't know it was available until the W.W. AND THE DIXIE DANCEKINGS deal fell through. I don't know . . .

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have already got Terror Train (1980) on Region 1, but may get Shout's DVD release depending on the transfer and possible extras.

Disappointed the Walking Tall trilogy will be Blu-ray only.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/60#post_3878924
Have already got Terror Train (1980) on Region 1, but may get Shout's DVD release depending on the transfer and possible extras.

If Terror Train is Blu then it will be mine, other than that I agree it will depend on the transfer and extras.

cliff mac

Insider
WaveCrest said:
WALKING TALL will be on DVD as well.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
got a look at Lethal Ladies 2. Fly Me has such a great messed up tone film. It goes from goofy stewardess romance to forced prostitution. The first reel has the authentic slimy theater feel with platter scratches, but don't get too worked up since the rest of the reels are fine. I'm happy Cliff put it out - otherwise we'd be denied of another Vic Diaz performance.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Not sure where the Fly Me description on the box came from. It's a bit off since the airplane set that Santiago used is barely big enough for the mile high club scene. This isn't about karate kicking stewardesses although one of the three stewardesses does have a few kung fu showdowns during her layover. It's still a fun goofy film with the mixing of romantic comedy with a human trafficking for prostitution racket. Another great Vic Diaz performance.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
THE NURSES COLLECTION is now up for pre-order. See opening post for link.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
cliff mac said:
WALKING TALL will be on DVD as well.
Cliff, I think you said that Shout licensed Dennis the Menace from King Featuers and not Sony. I have heard that King Features also owns the Blondie films originally put out by Columbia in the 1940s. Any chance that Shout will release any of those? Thanks

cliff mac

Insider
JoeDoakes said:
Cliff, I think you said that Shout licensed Dennis the Menace from King Featuers and not Sony. I have heard that King Features also owns the Blondie films originally put out by Columbia in the 1940s. Any chance that Shout will release any of those? Thanks
We licened the show from the estate of Hank Ketchum.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I was able to purchase an early copy of LAST HARD MEN/SKYRIDERS, two flicks I've never heard of but sound like fun and both starring James Coburn. It always feels good to buy Shout DVDs.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Added to the opening post schedule: Summer - Death Watch (1980) - Shout! Factory Website Exclusive

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Would this be the 1980 film starring Romy Schneider, Harvey Keitel, Harry Dean Stanton and Max Von Sydow?

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
WaveCrest said:
Would this be the 1980 film starring Romy Schneider, Harvey Keitel, Harry Dean Stanton and Max Von Sydow?
Sounds like it. Excellent movie and great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks