What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Alligator (1980) (4k UHD Combo) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
262402754_2356904487779882_3446769906939859811_n.jpg

We’re very excited to finally (FINALLY) reveal that we have the much-requested 1980 creature feature favorite: Lewis Teague’s ALLIGATOR! We’ve been working on this one for almost three years and thrilled to see it “break out” soon. Here are the early details we have currently about the release:

National street date for North America (Region A) is Feb 22, 2022.
3-Disc Set will include a 4K UHD and two Blu-rays. The UHD and first Blu-ray will both feature the original theatrical cut of the film and the additional Blu-ray disc will have the rare television version of the film with alternate scenes.
Not surprisingly, this will be branded as a Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
The illustrated artwork pictured was designed by artist Joel Robinson. This creative will be front facing on the slipcover and inner wrap. The reverse side of the wrap will feature the original U.S. theatrical artwork.
Full list of final extras will be announced on a later date.

Pre-orders on our site begin today which includes the Blu-ray plus a rolled 18” x 24” poster of the new art. The poster is exclusive to us and will be made at a limited run of 1.000 pieces. You can pre-order here: https://www.shoutfactory.com/.../alligator-collector-s...

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Love the film but don't know that I'd ever thought of this as a candidate for 4K. But it'll be mine anyway.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Awesome. Well worth it

I’m not a fan of gore, and my memories of this are from network tv, so I’m excited about the tv version

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Wow this thread has only garnered 3 replies. This news is pretty big in independent B movie circles - I thought there'd be more feedback than this. Maybe it's because it's not a movie from the 30's?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Awesome. Well worth it

I’m not a fan of gore, and my memories of this are from network tv, so I’m excited about the tv version
I completely forgot this also had a tv version with different scenes. Thats where I would have seen it 1st as well. Later I would have seen the theatrical on a VHS rental. Its nice that we are getting alot of these alternate or expanded tv cuts recently. They were so common from the mid 70's to the early 80's.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's likely to be a bit less on release date. Most pre-orders are often listed at full MSRP. The pre-order price at Shout/Scream is $35.99. A bit pricey perhaps, but it's a 3-disc 4K/blu-ray combo pack that includes two versions of the movie and likely some extras.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's likely to be a bit less on release date. Most pre-orders are often listed at full MSRP. The pre-order price at Shout/Scream is $35.99. A bit pricey perhaps, but it's a 3-disc 4K/blu-ray combo pack that includes two versions of the movie and likely some extras.
Yeah, I think the Halloween UHDs got down to $27 or $28 on Amazon before they came out and I expect to see Alligator down to at least $30.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I’m not. 4
Wow this thread has only garnered 3 replies. This news is pretty big in independent B movie circles - I thought there'd be more feedback than this. Maybe it's because it's not a movie from the 30's?
I'm not a 4k enthusiast so this has just moved down the line for me. If they also released a Blu-ray by itself, then I would be all over it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ScreamFactoryLogo.Elaborate.jpg
BONUS FEATURES ANNOUNCED FOR
ALLIGATOR (COLLECTOR’S EDITION) !

ALLIGATOR (COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
SLITHERS OUT ON FEBRUARY 22, 2022
IN A 4K UHD™ + BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK
FROM SCREAM FACTORY™​
Alli_UHD_PS_Ocard_72dpi.jpg

Los Angeles, CA – It lives 50 feet beneath the city. It’s 36 feet long. It weighs 2,000 pounds… and it’s about to break out! Alligator (Collector's Edition) comes snapping on February 22, 2022 in a 4K UHD™ + Blu-ray™ combo pack from Scream Factory. Special features will be announced at a later date.

Customers ordering from shoutfactory.com will receive a rolled 18x24 poster featuring the brand new art while supplies last.

From director Lewis Teague (Cujo, Cat’s Eye) and screenwriter John Sayles (Piranha, The Howling) comes an unstoppable thriller with bite. After returning from their Florida vacation, the Kendal family decides their pet baby alligator is too much to take care of and they flush him down the toilet. At the same time, Slade Laboratories is conducting secret experiments with animals and disposing of them in the sewer. The baby alligator, fending for itself, must feed on anything it can … including the dead animals. Now, twelve years later, when several murders happen in the city of Chicago, David Madison (Robert Forster, Jackie Brown) is put on the case to find out who … or what … is killing people.

DISC ONE (4K UHD – Theatrical Version):
  • NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary With Director Lewis Teague And Actor Robert Forster

DISC TWO (BLU-RAY – Theatrical Version):
  • NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
  • NEW Everybody In The Pool – An Interview With Actress Robin Riker
  • NEW Wild In The Streets – An Interview With Director Lewis Teague
  • NEW It Walks Among Us – An Interview With Screenwriter John Sayles
  • NEW Luck Of The Gator – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects Artist Robert Short
  • NEW Gator Guts, The Great River, And Bob – An Interview With Production Assistant, Now Famous Actor/Director/Producer, Bryan Cranston
  • Audio Commentary With Director Lewis Teague And Actor Robert Forster
  • Alligator Author – An Interview With Screenwriter John Sayles
  • Additional Scenes From The TV Version
  • Teaser Trailer (NEW 2K Scan)
  • Theatrical Trailer (NEW 2K Scan)
  • Trailers From Hell – Filmmaker Karyn Kusama (Jennifer’s Body) On ALLIGATOR
  • TV Spots (NEW 2K Scan)
  • ALLIGATOR Game Television Commercial
  • NEW Newspaper Ad Still Gallery By Drive-In Asylum
  • Still Gallery (Movie Stills, Movie Posters, Lobby Cards, And Behind-The-Scenes Photos)

DISC THREE (BLU-RAY – Television Version)
  • The Extended TV Version In HD For The First Time (NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative With Additional Footage Scanned From An Internegative)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is a delightful thriller, and John Sayles has infused it with humor as well as terror. I've been waiting for a decent transfer of this since way before Scream/Shout! began working on it, even ordering a Blu from Spain that turned out to obviously be a boot, and I can tell you, it looked worse than any other Blu-ray you or I can come up with...yes, worse than YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY. Many thanks to S/S for this welcome release!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I ordered This a few weeks ago and look forward to watching the 4K and the tv version.

This movie and another movie from around that time called Blood Beach are a couple of my favorites of the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks