What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Lost In Space (1998) Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
423479479_778396627661061_2091400092763722576_n.jpg

Danger, Will Robinson! LOST IN SPACE is coming to Blu-ray on April 9. The family Robinson is in hiber-sleep, soaring into deep space. Their mission: establish a colony that will become home for a dying Earth's inhabitants. But sabotage jolts the Robinsons awake, sending them — and an often troublesome robot — off course and into amazing adventures where the question is not just where they are, but also when. Gary Oldman, Mimi Rogers, William Hurt, Matt LeBlanc, Heather Graham, and more set just the right tone of heroism and fun in an imaginative sci-fi voyage based on the '60s TV series and featuring cameos by some of the original TV stars.

Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 18" X 24" ROLLED POSTER featuring the original theatrical artwork, available while supplies last: https://bit.ly/3SAJic5

AMAZON PREORDER LINK PENDING

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
View attachment 211257

Danger, Will Robinson! LOST IN SPACE is coming to Blu-ray on April 9. The family Robinson is in hiber-sleep, soaring into deep space. Their mission: establish a colony that will become home for a dying Earth's inhabitants. But sabotage jolts the Robinsons awake, sending them — and an often troublesome robot — off course and into amazing adventures where the question is not just where they are, but also when. Gary Oldman, Mimi Rogers, William Hurt, Matt LeBlanc, Heather Graham, and more set just the right tone of heroism and fun in an imaginative sci-fi voyage based on the '60s TV series and featuring cameos by some of the original TV stars.

Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 18" X 24" ROLLED POSTER featuring the original theatrical artwork, available while supplies last: https://bit.ly/3SAJic5

AMAZON PREORDER LINK PENDING
I believe this is the last New Line film and the film that knocked Titanic off the Number One at the Box office for it's Opening Week

The Original Blu-Ray
1706632252350.png
was full of extras A
1706632339219.png

According to Shout!, Special Features New Release are;

Bonus Features for Blu-ray​

• NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive
  • Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Audio Commentary With Stephen Hopkins And Akiva Goldsman
  • Audio Commentary With Visual Effects Supervisors Angus Bickerton And Lauren Ritchie, Director Of Photography Peter Levy, Editor Ray Lovejoy, And Producer Carla Fry
  • NEW Interviews With Director/Producer Stephen Hopkins And Writer/Producer Akiva Goldsman
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Additional Scenes
  • “Building The Special Effects” Featurette
  • “The Future Of Space Travel” Featurette
  • Q&A With The Original Cast – TV Years
  • Theatrical Trailer..

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
New Line was purchased in 1994 but Turner Broadcasting then merged with Warner in 2008.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Any way you slice it, Lost in Space was far from being New Line's last film.

On another note, I used to have this on DVD: It was part of one of those "buy a DVD player and get five free movies" promos they used to do back in the format's early days. I think I watched the movie once, but couldn't quite bring myself to watch it again.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Time Warner acquired Turner Broadcasting in 1996. They had the "A Time Warner Company" byline on the New Line logo as early as the first Austin Powers in April 97.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
New Line stayed an independent production company owned by Warners until 2008 when they merged.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Any way you slice it, Lost in Space was far from being New Line's last film.

On another note, I used to have this on DVD: It was part of one of those "buy a DVD player and get five free movies" promos they used to do back in the format's early days. I think I watched the movie once, but couldn't quite bring myself to watch it again.

Yes, that five free DVD promo is how I acquired the disc. And I felt the same way after watching it.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I wonder if Bob Shaye regretted selling New Line - his baby since the studio's inception and distributor of one of the most successful - and profitable - horror franchises in film history.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'd rather hold out for a 4k. Every time I buy an "upgraded" blu these days, the 4k comes along in a year or so.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I wonder if Bob Shaye regretted selling New Line - his baby since the studio's inception and distributor of one of the most successful - and profitable - horror franchises in film history.
They were constantly treading water before the sale to Turner who was pretty hands off as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks