What's new

Shout! Factory's 2012 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I had no idea there was a trilogy - were the sequels made for TV? I still have the cheap-o Paramount DVD lying around unwatched. Maybe it's time I gave it a spin.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Yup, Blu & DVD.

Originally Posted by Jon Hertzberg /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/90#post_3896094
And, this is going to be released on Blu as well, correct? Color me excited about this one.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF /t/314409/shout-factorys-2012-dvd-line-up-tentative/90#post_3896112
I had no idea there was a trilogy - were the sequels made for TV? I still have the cheap-o Paramount DVD lying around unwatched. Maybe it's time I gave it a spin.
No, the two sequels were theatrical features -- although Part 2 Walking Tall, easily the least of the three films, looks and feels like a bland TV movie.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Very excited about this release. I'm hoping for some nice extras and trailers (the double feature trailer is cool).
The only disappointment is that its not referred to PART 2: WALKING TALL on the cover. It was-I believe-the first film to be distinguished that way (with PART 2: SOUNDER a year later). A small picuyune caveat I know-but thought i'd mention it.
These were big hits in the day-and was like a redneck DEATH WISH a year before that blockbuster.
Is it safe to assume Shout! has a license with Bing Crosby Productions? Or is this an individual deal? So much dvd gold in BCPs library, but their distribution in dvd has been near nonexistent and a bit confusing. MEAN DOG BLUES was ion Netflix with an MGM logo -obviously because it was released to theaters in 1978 via AIP. And yet PETER PROUD -also an AIP release in theaters-when last shown on cable had a Paramount logo.
Maybe we will finally see PETER PROUD , BEN and WILLARD by the end of year. All this Bing Crosby Gold will look great in Blu making a perfect White Christmas leaving other distributors Green with envy.

ch3363

Auditioning
Real Name
si
ch3363 said:
We know BLONDIE IS NOT OWNED BY THEM (kethcums estate) ,,, DUH
THE original guy and me are asking why they (SHOUT FACTORY) do not try get the BLONDIE MOVIES to release ?????
How about an answer Cliff Mac ???

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
ch3363 said:
We know BLONDIE IS NOT OWNED BY THEM (kethcums estate) ,,, DUH
THE original guy and me are asking why they (SHOUT FACTORY) do not try get the BLONDIE MOVIES to release ?????
ch3363 said:
How about an answer Cliff Mac ???
Yeah, and while we're demanding answers on why Shout Factory isn't trying to get the BLONDIE MOVIE to release, why aren't they trying to license Song Of The South, The Wind, Johnny Guitar, Song Of Norway, Phantom Lady, At Long Last Love, The Devils, Le Crime De Monsieur Lange, Looking For Mr. Goodbar, Porgy And Bess, Greed, Let It Be, The Big Fisherman, Letter From An Unknown Woman too? After all, isn't it their civic responsibility to provide us with the movies we want, isn't it? Keep pushing him for an answer until he cracks and gives us the information we have a right to know! Sheesh, these company executives who take time out of their day to provide information to us yet think they can get away without acceding to our demands!

ch3363

Auditioning
Real Name
si
Thomas T said:
Yeah, and while we're demanding answers on why Shout Factory isn't trying to get the BLONDIE MOVIE to release, why aren't they trying to license Song Of The South, The Wind, Johnny Guitar, Song Of Norway, Phantom Lady, At Long Last Love, The Devils, Le Crime De Monsieur Lange, Looking For Mr. Goodbar, Porgy And Bess, Greed, Let It Be, The Big Fisherman, Letter From An Unknown Woman too? After all, isn't it their civic responsibility to provide us with the movies we want, isn't it? Keep pushing him for an answer until he cracks and gives us the information we have a right to know! Sheesh, these company executives who take time out of their day to provide information to us yet think they can get away without acceding to our demands!
It was the 2nd of 2 questions in a post and he answered one of them but skipped the 2nd because either he is arrogamt or he speed read it and/or did not know it was a question.
and lol executives, o wow u think they better than others ? we pay their salary so yeah when we ask they answer....
also if bein en excutive is so smart a position answer for all the executives who over the years have trashe ddeleted scenes and etc so they never be released

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Are you the dude who was making trouble on one of these Shout threads before?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ch3363 said:
It was the 2nd of 2 questions in a post and he answered one of them but skipped the 2nd because either he is arrogamt or he speed read it and/or did not know it was a question.
When a question is skipped, I think most people realize that either the company has no interest/can't get the title or a more unlikely- but not impossible- scenario is that they're in the middle of trying to get it and can't say anything about it at all.
and lol executives, o wow u think they better than others ? we pay their salary so yeah when we ask they answer....
also if bein en excutive is so smart a position answer for all the executives who over the years have trashe ddeleted scenes and etc so they never be released
Why am I not surprised by a rude person with an entitled attitude? If someone from a company posts information here, it's a nice thing that they choose to do and any 'Industry Insider' (as Cliff is designated) is treated as a respected guest. Based on the non-existant level of participation from studios in online forums, I think everyone should be happy that someone from Shout has chosen to post on any boards at all. You can ask a question but you are not entitled to an answer. You buy their product, you get the product and you are owed absolutely nothing else.

ch3363

Auditioning
Real Name
si
TravisR said:
Why am I not surprised by a rude person with an entitled attitude? If someone from a company posts information here, it's a nice thing that they choose to do and any 'Industry Insider' (as Cliff is designated) is treated as a respected guest. Based on the non-existant level of participation from studios in online forums, I think everyone should be happy that someone from Shout has chosen to post on any boards at all. You can ask a question but you are not entitled to an answer. You buy their product, you get the product and you are owed absolutely nothing else.
The so-called insiders should be licking our boots and not acting superior and ask what we wnat released, not acting they doin us a favor by posting here

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The so-called insiders should be [deleted by moderator] and not acting superior and ask what we wnat released, not acting they doin us a favor by posting here
But they ARE doing us a favor by posting here and sharing information. They are not required to do so and the fact that they are doing it at all is a gift. With your "lick my boots" attitude which demeans the HTF, I hope the moderators act quickly .....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ch3363 said:
The so-called insiders
I think it's fair to say that Cliff is an insider at Shout.
and not acting superior
He hasn't.
and ask what we wnat released,
I'm sure he notes many titles brought up but you can't make everyone happy.
not acting they doin us a favor by posting here
He's not.

Roger Cee

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roger Cotillion
Usually (at least in the past) Cliff Mac has responded to the majority of Shout Factory questions both here and on AVM, but lately not as much. It could be that he's very busy. I asked about the possibility of BEN, WILLARD & PETER PROUD too a month or so ago but never received a reply. I'm not offended by no response. There's no doubt these films have been looked into, and either they can't get them, or they already have, but cannot discuss them at the present time for any number of reasons. Anyway, he never OWES anyone a response, but when he does respond, that's a bonus

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
ch3363 said:
Seeing posts like this, it's a wonder he ever posts here.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Of all the Shout Factory theads I got on the net this is the only one I get troublemakers on. And, the same troublemaker, I believe, that was kicked off before.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of the recently added Shout film titles, Death Watch (1980) stands out. Hoping there will be some DVD extras on the disc.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Cliff just said that Jamie Lee Curtis didn't want to get involved with their new TERROR TRAIN DVD. They asked twice, she declined twice. They even tried to get David Copperfield. He refused to play ball, too. Despite this he said they are still working on the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks