What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Short-lived TV Series (1 Viewer)

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
Neil Brock said:
It actually would apply, even today. If there's something you think you might want to keep, its better to record it and then you know you have it. This way, if it comes out edited or never does come out, you know you have it. Blank DVDs are so laughably cheap that its not such a big investment. A full season of a 22 hour show would cost around $3 with the price of discs these days. Or about one fifth of the price of one VHS tape 30 years ago. So even if the show you like does get released untampered with, you haven't made a big investment.
I might have to look into that some day. I'm quite a ways away from being able to do something like that currently as my computer doesn't even have a functioning DVD drive. What would it take? Besides a new computer. A TV tuner card and having a second satellite receiver to plug into the computer?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
AnthonyP said:
I might have to look into that some day. I'm quite a ways away from being able to do something like that currently as my computer doesn't even have a functioning DVD drive. What would it take? Besides a new computer. A TV tuner card and having a second satellite receiver to plug into the computer?
You could just get a DVR and record directly off that with a dvd home recorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks