What's new

SETI@home Part 3 (Take 2) (2 Viewers)

Chris White

Second Unit
Go Joe Go!!! Your rekindled productivity must have pushed us up a spot! Loring, we're looking forward to having you as a member. The best way to improve your processing speed is to run the text version of Seti, along with the Seti Driver cache program. The Seti servers have become so unstable over the past year that a cache program is essential to prevent long periods of inactivity.
Meanwhile,,,
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #147
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info I will look into Seti Driver. Anyone have any faq or website on how to get things working with Seti Driver and Seti Command line with win9x box.
Well update got my linux box up but still haven't downloaded Seti for it yet trying to set everything up like I want my linux box running. should be done this weekend though.
Hopefully come monday evening ill be joining up.
------------------
Happy Viewing :)
~Loring
[email protected]
"Ye do not meddle in thee affairs of thy dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good with thy katchup"

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
QUESTION
I was crunching data untis at one every 15 hours with my computer. I had to download the new version 3.03 and am sitting at 75% of a unit after 23 hours. What happened here?
Thanks.
------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Trevor,
it is called the New Version and Better Science.
The way I read it, they were getting their normal analyses too fast, and decided to toss in more detail analysis...
Mike

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike,,
So this is normal then. I just remember that in the last version there was a special setting to change that would expedite the crunching of data..Was hoping this would apply to this version too.
------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

Chris White

Second Unit
I've begun to wonder if all units aren't taking longer, regardless of the version. I haven't updated the software on my home computer yet, and it's never been the fastest machine anyway (300 Mhz Pentium), but now it seems like its taking a lot of units 24 hours.
Loring: Are you going to join today??
Over the weekend we passed 3Com Corporation SETI Team, so...
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #146
------------------

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Chris, I haven't updated yet either, but mine are still running right around the 7-hour mark...
Mike

MarkPayton

Stunt Coordinator
Member #150 just joined the team! Now I just wish I had another, faster computer to crank through the work units! This should be interesting.
Regards,
Mark

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Well just joined the team my linux box isn't talking to my network yet to it will be a bit till its processing.
I am happy to joined. ill post my info as soon as I know my standings in the list.
------------------
~Loring
[email protected]
"Ye do not meddle in thee affairs of thy dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good with thy katchup"

Chris White

Second Unit
Welcome aboard Micke, Mark, and Loring. It's great to see new members joining.
I've just completed by 3000th unit!! I think that calls for a celebration and I shall enjoy a lovely adult beverage or two this evening.
------------------

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Chris. 3000 wow I am working on getting 100 by this evening. Just to let everyone know who is on are seti group/team I am "mdragon". Everyone keep pumping out those WUs for the name of science. :)
------------------
~Loring
[email protected]

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
Woohoo! I just passed up the idle MattB and moved into the #10 spot. I remember when I joined the club, I was ranked around 40. After adding a number of slaves, I have been able to move up quite a bit. I didn't expect to move up this far though.
-Jeff
A.K.A. Nighthawk

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I thought I had already downloaded the upgrade, but the last couple of mornings a window has appeared telling me that I need to upgrade the new SETI program. My SETI page says "Version 3.0" in the upper right corner, am I all set?

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
WooHoo! I just broke the 1000 mark today! Just a few short months ago I probably would have been in the top ten with these numbers (currently 34th)... The HTF team is really crunching out those WUs!
-Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I finally installed the SETI@Home software and joined the HTF team (user name Fawlty).
Why does my "Total computer time" under User Ifno say 0 everywhere, but CPU time says 11 hrs?
/Mike
------------------

Peter Yee

Premium
Your total computer time is only updated when you upload a result to the server. In the interim, the CPU time shows how much time you've worked on the current data set.
-Peter

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
OK, thanks. I guess this will take a while then, it's been working 16 hours and completed only 11%...
/Mike
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks