What's new
World Wide Stereo

Serious Subwoofer HUM (1 Viewer)

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
I have a JBL PSW1200 subwoofer, and just today, when I went to turn off my receiver, the sub started making a really really loud hum, like feedback. This in turn made all of the speakers do the same thing. The sub was connected to the receiver via the sub output of the receiver. I tried connecting it via the speaker outputs.and it still did the same thing. Finally I disconnected the sub alltogether, and the humming stopped. This was only happening
AFTER the receiver was turned off. Any ideas? Thanks.......Johnny
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

saprav

Auditioning
I don't mean to jinx you , but the last time this happened to me - my JBL sub blew.

If you do a search on avs or audioreview, you'll find a ton of people who've had problems with the JBL subs.

I sent a message to JBL and they replied with - contact your nearest JBL authorized service center.

In your case, I hope this is not the case, but I've seen this happen too many times.

I purposely went with an SVS this time around.

I currently use my JBL as an end-table.

VSapra :D

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
End table huh? Mine will better be used as a new pot for my plant. Thanks, this isnt the first time I've heard this about JBL's.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks