What's new

Semi-Annual DeepDiscount 20% Off Sale (Nov. 2008)? (1 Viewer)

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
It's November. Has anyone information about a forthcoming 20% off sale at DeepDiscount? If so, are there any codes available yet?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Someone posted a press release at the DVDTALK forum stating the sale at DeepDiscount (and all the other Infinity Resources owned sellers: DvdPlanet,Critics'sChoice, etc) will be Nov. 7-23 and be 25% off this time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The release is spreading around online. I haven't looked yet, but people are saying that their prices in general are higher than in the past.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
They must manually adjust prices. I've noticed a few items I've been keeping my eye on jump up one by one. The three "FORD AT FOX" boxes: Ford's Silent Epics, Ford's American Comedies, and the Essential Ford Collection were all at $26.39 (retail 49.99) and this morning two of them jumped up to $39.53. Needless to say even at 25% off that won't beat their earlier price of $26.39. I went ahead and ordered the one that was still $26.39 (Ford's Silent epics) as I'm sure that one will adjust here pretty quick as well. I'm kicking myself for not gettting the other two earlier.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

They adjust prices all the time, which is no different than other retailers. Generally their price is about 30% off MSRP, so if you are seeing something priced at nearly half off you can't expect it to last forever, especially with a 25% off sale coming up. I don't see how they could sell the Ford sets for $20 and still make a profit.

Still, the rule of thumb is to comparison shop. I have my eye on the Man From U.N.C.L.E. set -- at 25% off, I'll be able to get it for about $105.00 from either Deep Discount or DVD Planet. Amazon's price is $170, so it's a no-brainer.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
'DVDTALK' (and possibly 'SAVE') is active at DD for 25%. No working DVDPlanet codes yet. I spent $303 after discount ($98) at DD already. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the DVDPlanet codes.

My order:

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I actually just received an autmated phone call announcing the sale. It did state 25% - I guess trying to be aggressive in will no doubt be a bad retail year.

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a recorded phone call from Deep Discount reminding me of the sale. Here's the 25% off code they gave me:

SALE

Haven't tried it yet, so feel free to confirm this if anyone is already placing an order.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
'25OFFSALE' is active on DVD Planet.

I bought a shorter list there, for a total of $119 after discount, shipping, and Buysafe.

Grindhouse Experience 22.72
Scarecrows 9.72
House of the Dead (Director's Cut) 13.97
American Ninja 2/3 9.72
Camp Blood Trilogy 8.99
Dead Presidents 8.59
Graveyard Shift 6.49
Hackers 9.72
Halloween 2007 (Blu-Ray) 24.47
Slashers 12.97
Wing Commander 6.50

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Be careful if buying at DVDPlanet. It appears the prices on the search results page are different than the prices on the main item page/in the shopping cart for many items (all but one or two of the discs I checked). Some are higher in the cart, some are lower in the cart. One set I bought showed a $25.97 price on the search results page, but was $12.97 when I put it in the cart. That seems like an extreme case. Most of the differences I saw were in the $2-5 range.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Mad Men Season 1 BluRay, $23.84 after discount.

I'm sure there may be other items I want, but, I wanted to grab this right away while they still had some in stock.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
PRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN
JIM
DEALNEWS
WLS
PRICEGRABBER
DD1109
SAVE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks