What's new

screen resolution help plese! (1 Viewer)

singlejm

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
So I just got a Sony Amazon.com: Sony KV-30HS420 30-Inch FD Trinitron WEGA HD-Ready Widescreen CRT TV: Electronics
Got if for 200 bucks. That will show you all the specs. Anyway got a ps3 today and hooked it up through component cables. I'm watching dark knight blue ray and the pic is great but i'm not sure if i'm taking full advantage of the tv's pic because when i go into ps3 video settings it says i'm using 480 and i cannot get it to switch to 720. it says to select all resolutions that apply and i do and then when i test the 720 the font is real tiny then i try to save that and exit out and the only way to exit it out is the cancel button and it keeps putting it back at 480. I guess i just want to know if there is a way to change that or is the ps3 upscalling it automatically. I went for the copmponent over hdmi cause it is only a 30" screen. Just basically want to know if i'm watching this movie in HD or if the blueray just looks really good on 480. Thanks for any help and responses

Josh

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hi Josh,

Lots of confusing lingo in that description. Not sure what "Hi Scan" means, but it appears that it is a 1080i TV. I say appears because I'm not 100% convinced it is really HD.

Try 1080i from your PS3. If it does output 1080i, the picture should be very nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks