What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set - 9/30/2003 (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
What DVD has the longest running time and has Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 plus any other tracks?

Could careful encoding still give incredible results on this presentation of Scarface?

If they f**k this up, my boss will stick their heads up their a**es! :D

Gordy

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Amazon.com has now actually put up the running times, for the bonus materials on disc 2. I added the running times all together and it comes out to a total of 110 minutes worth of extras ! The deleted scenes alone are over 20 minutes !!!!! The thing with the rappers 30 minutes, lol ! Tv version thing is only 3 minutes. The other stuff i forget.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
What DVD has the longest running time and has Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 plus any other tracks?
The Patriot (Superbit version) had a running time of 165 minutes with both a DD and DTS track. However, it didn't have the two mono track that Scarface is getting, nor the likely motion menus. On any rate, The Patriot Superbit DVD looks absolutely superb; NO compression problems here.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Now if they'd just change the Carlito's Way reissue cover...

The longest movie on a single disc with 2 DD5.1 tracks and a commentary is JFK which runs 205mins. A good 35min. longer than Scarface...and I doubt the DTS track on Scarface will take up more space that the second DD5.1 track on JFK...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
A typical DTS track uses twice as many bits as a typical DD track....I'm still not sure if the extra 35 min. would equate to the DTS track on Scarface...if that's how you are comparing. Don't forget the two mono tracks too.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Is the making of on the original OOP scarface any good? Is the original DVD worth picking up just for the documentary, since it seems to absent on the new release?

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The artwork has been revised slightly for the Anniversary Edition. I don't like the tacky pencil outline around Pacino at all...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Agreed. Totally lame. And slapping "2 disc" on the cover and spine is tacky as well. I dont think it's a pencil outline...I bet that the cover is textured, and that Al is slighlty raised over the rest of the background.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I don't like the new cover as much either, but I can see it from a marketing perspective. Also, the cover could be much worse. We could have a big Pachino head on it.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

Because it's an afterthought. I would guess that 75% of the people who buy this release don't give a rat's ass about the 1932 version. In my cynical view, it's only there to entice fans of the older film (who wouldn't otherwise buy De Palma's version) to pay the big bucks for this super-deluxe edition.

I can almost guarantee that Universal will eventually release the '32 version as a stand-alone, and I'll wait patiently for the greedy bastards to do so.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Ditto!!

Hopefully w/ today's news, somebody will surgically remove Univeral's collective head from their collective ass. I can't think of the last major Universal release that didn't have a serious problem.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Does anyone know if this new DVD coming out will be CC because I know the VHS wasn't. Also I just watched Scarface a day ago or 2 and I must say it's over-rated. It's a good film but goodfellas and a slew of other movies I think are better. I'm intrigue by the oringal because I hear it the first ganster film. My dad going buy the new Scarface DVD because he deaf(hence the first question) and I want know if I should try and get him to buy the deluxe version so I can see Scarface(1932 version)? The library or any of the rentals places have it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Over at dvd talk.com on the dvd talk forum, someone managed to get a copy early of the 2 disc version, and was nice enough to post pictures of the packaging of the dvd, inside and out , 5 or 6 different pictures. Go there now and check it out ! Youll be drooling after looking at those pictures. Only 2 more weeks !:D

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up my copy of the box and can say that I am very dissappointed at the picture quality.
:frowning:

A very fuzzy picture with a lot of aliasing effects and some EE.
This is the worst dvds i´ve ever bought when you consider the pic quality. (Jackie Chans letterbox R3 releases excluded of course ;))

But the Box still ROCKS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks