What's new

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set - 9/30/2003 (2 Viewers)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
This is crazy - we don't even know if it's a 1-disc or 2-disc of the 1983 version!

No, all honesty, I think Universal will come through on this one: Cape Fear (1991) was a 2-disc with 80-minute documentary, deleted scenes etc and the movie has DD5.1 DTS, etc and that film is considerably shorter than Scarface, chico. :D

Gordy

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I have a question about the 1983 version. Since its been many years since i saw it, if anyone has some free time, could you post some of the 80s tunes that are on this film ? Thanks in advance.:)

CrisM

Auditioning
I own the original OOP 1998 release of Scarface on DVD. Does anyone know how the re-release version will differ from the original?

Cris

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

It's a new transfer, for one thing. The OOP version is considered to be one of the worst looking library titles for a major studio film ever released.

I'm not sure if the documentary from the 1998 version will be included on this new one.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hmm,i never saw the 98 version of the dvd. Surely it cant be worse than the 97 version of gremlins ?:D That one looked like worse than videotape !

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
That's a great comment from Barrie. I hope that Universal is reading some of this. I'm so tired of their garbage that I almost can't take it anymore. I can't think of the last Universal DVD to come out that was widely praised.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Any fans of the 1983 movie that want to buy the giftset and have no interest in the 1932 version, please PM me. I will gladly pay you $20 for the the original Howard Hawk's classic, otherwise it looks like I'm off to Ebay for the Laserdisc.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, Amazon is accurate. Unfortunately, it sounds as if we are going to have to wait until a review until we know for sure.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
One or two discs, it's a must buy. Fingers crossed for two though (as if anyone would hope for one disc). :D

If I had my way, I'd drop the DTS track
;) Uh-huh... and if I had my way, the DD would be gone. But I don't want to get into this damn "Coke/Pepsi" thing (again)
:rolleyes::laugh: :wink:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just saw over at dvd answers .com that its confirmed that the 83 version is a 2 discer. So now everyone can stop worrying, this site has proven time and time again to be reliable.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Shweet!

Disc 1: Feature Presentation

English DD5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround
French and Spanish DD2.0 Mono
English, French and Spanish subtitles

Disc 2: Bonus Materials

Scarface: The Rebirth
Scarface: Acting
Scarface: Creating
Scarface: The TV Version
Deleted Scenes
Def Jam Presents: Origins of a Hip Hop Classic
Cast and Filmmakers

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Looks good. I am relieved about all of that material not on one side of the disc. But, I do wish they left the DTS track off to give more bits to the video. But, this all sounds much better now.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lol ! The featurette with the rappers is called origins of a hip hop classic ! What do they think this movie is 8 mile ?:D :D :D :D This is not a rap movie, just because rappers like it !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks