What's new

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set - 9/30/2003 (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It looks like Universal is trying to help me save money.

Thanks!! There are enough good DVDs coming out this fall to put me in the poor house without having to buy this shite!!

Thanks again, Universal!! You're tops with me!:angry:

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
If you watch Scarface(cocaine), Trainspotting(heroin) and Spun(speed) back-to-back you'll be ready for rehab. :p)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
They were taking preorders today at my local suncoast for the 83 scarface for 19.99, so i ordered it. I think the boxed set is a little expensive.

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
YAY! I don't have to double dip for once!
As I previously said, I knew the R2 wouldn't be beat.

The new disc has two featurettes and the TV comparison.
The old disc has the fantastic hour long documentary which surely will be beter than the two featurettes {if only for the overview on the original Scarface and Oliver Stone's comments on it!} which contains the TV comparison too "How'd you get that scar tough guy, eating p*ssy?"/"How'd you get that scar tough guy, eating pineapple?" :D
Plus where the new disc has the rappers interviews it doesn't have the outtakes and deleted scenes from the older disc. So no double dipping for me!!! At least until Carlito's Way comes out!

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
That red velvet looking box it comes in is very cool looking. It reminds me of the box that Tony kept his coke and supplies in. I can't wait!

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
I will keep the OOP disc.

I have a question for the forum members.

What is the association of a Cuban gangster with rappers?

As a Cuban I don't have anything to do with rap and also the majority of the Cuban-Americans that I know. I just don't understand.

Thanks in advance.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
According to in the info. I gathered on a another forum, the entire 170 min. movie with extras, DTS track and two mono foreign DD tracks will all be on ONE side of the disc. If this is true, this is terrible news for people who care about this movie looking as good as possible.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It may not look as good as possible, but 1 thing is for sure , itll definitely look better than the out of print version.;)

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
According to dvdplanet, the gift set will also include an Alternate Ending. (d/k if this refers to the original or 1983 version). :frowning:

TomWoodward

Second Unit
We know the specs for Carlito's Way now. Not much is included though unfortunately, just a making of featurette, photo gallery, theatrical trailer and something called recommendations which is other random trailers I imagine. You can also view the menu shots here if you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks