What's new

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set - 9/30/2003 (1 Viewer)

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Felix, I have always had trouble spotting 3:2 flagging problems on PAL-NTSC convertion transfers. My TV is PAL, the disc is NTSC, the player is NTSC compatible; are 3:2 problems less noticeable than if I viewed on a US NTSC TV? Maybe it isn't a convertion, but it most definately looks identical to the region 2 transfer.
Ah, gotcha. If anyone else is able to see the "new" transfer, please note any 3:2 probs and post here.

Really crossing my fingers now...

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Thanks for the input, Gordon and Niko. :emoji_thumbsup:

I was expecting a truely *special* edition and I wanted to see the original version, so I had ordered the Gift Set, but I've just canceled it.

You selling your R2 copy cheaply, Gordon? ;)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Well... you know, I think - and I can't be 100% sure - but I think that this may be a PAL-NTSC conversion of the region 2 master. The print looks identical - colour, sharpness, dirt. The chapter stops are also at the exact same place as the region 2.
Could you please check the actual running time? If it is identical to R2, then it must be a PAL to NTSC conversion. If the NTSC is 4% longer, then it isn't.

Thanks,
Ted

CraigL

Screenwriter
Could you please check the actual running time? If it is identical to R2, then it must be a PAL to NTSC conversion. If the NTSC is 4% longer, then it isn't.
The box says 2 hours 50 min. Ted, you're in NYC. You could have picked it up earlier this week. What are you waiting for? I've seen it in two stores already ;)

Probably going to see it on the big screen in Times Square tonight.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Ted, you're in NYC. You could have picked it up earlier this week. What are you waiting for? I've seen it in two stores already

Probably going to see it on the big screen in Times Square tonight.
Right, exactly that's what I'm waiting for -- to see it on the big screen, and if I like it enough to pick up the better of the two DVDs between R2 & R1. And is R1 is a PAL2NTSC transfer, that would make the R2 better...

Ted

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I just got an Email today from DDD that my deluxe gift set shipped today. Woohooo, I was ready to give up on ever getting it. It had been on back order since before release day.

Cant wait when I get this in the mail. 41 bucks was worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks