What's new

Sanyo PLV-Z5 lamp problem (1 Viewer)

Xeknar

Auditioning
Real Name
Hardy Kemp
Thank you very much, Tony! You rock! We bought a new lamp (ouch) and were dismayed when the projector "replace bulb" light still came on after we installed it. But we followed your instructions and it started working right away. After following your advice we figured we should try the old lamp again - that way we wouldn't have to reset the lamp counter - and sure enough, there was nothing wrong with it. So again, we can't thank you enough.

thedrj

Auditioning
Real Name
paul
and don't forget to recalibrate your projector after you've replaced the lamp. the picture will need to be tweaked now that you have a new engine under the hood. it will look better than before, and no doubt brighter, but you should check and reset all your settings, then get your DVD or test pattern generator out and make adjustments to brightness, contrast, sharpness, color and tint. it will make a big difference ! if you don't or can't do it yourself, hire a pro with the tools and expertise to do this procedure. it will increase your enjoyment, extend the lamp life, and validate your purchase.

asman1234

Auditioning
Real Name
tester
i have a projector sanyo plc xu 47 .when we press power button on projector intial it apperas green after almost 1 min. power light blinks red and projector is not focusing the after repeating so many times problem is same .
I've cleaned both filters and reset the projector also.
the led : replace lamp not light. in romania sanyo service is not. please tell if the projector can be repaired and what is it?
the piece is defective? i think the bulb is good.I want to fix it here.I have a service manual (sanyo plc xu 47) but this error is not .expect an answer soon. thank you

bourned1

Auditioning
Real Name
David Bourne
THANK YOU SO MUCH. The Thermal Reset button fixed it for me. You'll need to download this doc "11_pdfsam_Sanyo PLV-Z5 servicemanual.pdf" Google for it or get it here
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=42267

BrewCrew

Auditioning
Real Name
Bret Brewer
We have a Sanyo PLV-60HT that we inherited when we bought our house. The buld actually shattered the other night. We cleaned all the glass out and ordered a new bulb. Replaced the buld and the 2 initial lights came on letting us know the Projector is ready to be turned on once we do try to turn it on the orange lamp replace button comes on and it shuts off within 30 seconds. We have pressed the reset button on the outside of the unit and the thermal reset button and nothing has changed it still will not turn on. Is there a fuse that may have blew or some other thought of what we can do to fix our situation? Any help would be much appreciated Thank you

Qeldroma

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Did you resolved problem with lose thermal reset button? I have the same. My Sanyo PLV-Z5 was working fine for 3 years. 3 days ago I had this issue with blinking yellow light for the first time (maybe scened), but after one hour of waiting it started again properly. But today even two hours didn't help. So I tried to reset this thermal button but it lose. I triad to push and pull but that didn't help. It's so lose that I can easily pull it about 3-4 mm up. Maybe it's possible to bypass ti some how?

WidescreenTX

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelly
I apologize for necro-bumping this thread but I wanted to add this info for future folks who have my projector.

I have a Sanyo PLV-Z60 which is the successor to the Z4 and Z5. I've had this PJ for the last 6.5 years and have replaced the lamp a few times during that span. Every time previously, the lamp either blew out while I was using the PJ or the unit would start with no light to the screen. In both cases, the Replace Lamp light would flash when starting the projector. This time, the PJ would start normally, it would throw the Sanyo wallpaper onto the screen and then shut down after about 5 or 6 seconds and the Replace Lamp light would flash. This was different than all previous times since it would actually throw an image onto the screen before shutting down. I went through this multiple times and tried unplugging the power from the unit to see if that would reset it. That didn't work.

I found this thread and removed the cover and pressed the button as indicated above. It seems to have solved the issue and the unit is working normally now. So thanks for the info - I probably would've bought a new projector before sending this one in for repair. I still like the projector so I'm definitely glad I didn't have to drop $$$ and this solution was totally free!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks