What's new

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Possible Bulb Problem (1 Viewer)

i-am-carrot

Auditioning
Real Name
Dann Woodcock
Hi, i have had a sanyo Z5 for quite a whle now, after a few months it had a little dicky fit and wouldnt turn on, so i had to unplug it and leave it before it would turn on again. It did this every so often but one time it wouldnt turn on at all, so we sent it to be 'repaired' they told us to clean the air filters more regularly, etc. Any way we have had it about a year? it has done a few hundred hours on the lamp, never been replaced and the other night i was using the projector and it made a distinctive popping sound and the lens cover shut. The lamp replace and the power light were both flashing, eventually the lights went off and it went beakc into standby mode so i tried to turn it back on and the lens cover opened, no light came out but it started making a crackling sound. Is the bulb really dead? it seems like it hasnt done very many hours to fry the bulb.
Cheers

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
sure sounds like the bulb.
DONT TURN IT BACK ON PRIOR TO BULB REPLACEMENT.
CLEAN THE AIR FILTER AS SUGGESTED IN THE USER MANUAL....every 50 hours ??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks