What's new

Samsung LN52B750 - red bars in background, need help (1 Viewer)

fdglover

Auditioning
Real Name
Forrest Glover
Hello everyone, I have an issue with a new LCD television. I recently purchased a samsung LN52B750 52" LCD television. When I hooked it up to my AV system, I noticed very faint red bars drifting up the screen in the background. This is especially noticeable if the screen is black/dark.

Further information about my home theater system. I have a DVR that is connected via component cable to my Arcam AVR300 receiver. I have a Samsung DVD and an XBOX 360 that are connected via component cables to my Arcam. Then I have a single component cable out that runs about 18 feet to the back of the television.

I also have a PC that is connected via SVGA cable separately to the television.

A little testing that I have done:
If I move my TV closer to my components and hook my DVD player directly to my TV with a shorter monster cable, the lines either are too faint to see or dissapear. If I hook my DVR directly to the TV with my shorter monster component cable, the bars are still there, but extremely faint and difficult to see.

I tried a different python component cable and ran it from my receiver to my TV and it made the lines worse.

Of note, I do not see the bars when I use my TV's "self diagnose" picture or when I use the PC input. It appears to be worse if the TV is receiving 1080i input through the component cable.

If I pause the screen, the bars are still in the background and are still moving.

Finally, I used to have a samsung 61" DLP hooked to this same setup and I never noticed these bars before.

Any input would be extremely useful. I hope that this is not an issue with the tv itself. Thank you in advance!

fdglover

Auditioning
Real Name
Forrest Glover
I plugged the power source from my TV and my coaxial cable into the same Monster surge protector that my components were plugged in. This cured the problem. It seems that I had a ground loop issue probably from the coaxial cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks