What's new

Rumor: Remastered Rocky and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on the way (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
95396_large.jpg

Thanks for the posts! Just saw the cover art posted and the June 3rd date too. Interesting cover?! Hopefully we have more information on the specs very soon.

Strange that the Fox connect page lists 5.1 for all 3 films. I thought there was restoration being done for the audio as well? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was going to be an update of the mono mix?

I'm also hoping that Fistful of Dynamite is released in June too.
I'm really looking forward to a new audio mix and video transfer on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
I like that they allowed Clint Eastwood to dub himself in English for all three "Man with no Name" movies, when the English dubs were first prepared in 1967.

A disturbing trend I noticed with European films, especially in Italy is that in the English dubs, more often than not would the English-speaking performers be dubbed by other performers, who sounded absolutely nothing like the original ones. I heard it had something to do with the incredibly strict dubbing unions in Europe, who wouldn't pay said English-speaking performers to dub themselves in English, unless it was part of their contract. Am I correct in assuming that?

If it is true, then it was sheer luck that it was part of Eastwood's contract to dub himself.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Billy Batson said:
Well I've no idea what's going on. Amazon UK has the steelbook released ay the end of May, but they don't say if it's the new re-mastered version, & at £18.50 it's more expensive than the US three films set. I'm not paying that sort of money, & I'm not buying the set where I already have two movies, & I don't think I'm alone. But still no press release yet, so who knows. I do know that I'm in no rush at all & will end up with just the re-mastered GBU at a reasonable price £9-£12, after all this is a studio putting right a third rate release, & at this point who knows if they've made a good job of it this time.
No, you're not alone. I'm not rebuying two exact same discs just to get an alleged remaster of one film. I find it very odd that, at this point, it hasn't even been determined if GBU is indeed a better transfer. Even if it's the better-received Italian print, the studio should just come clean and tell us. And since they're not releasing the films separately there's even less of an incentive to buy this. My money is on the standalone UK edition of GBU and ONLY if it's a vastly superior transfer.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
cineMANIAC said:
No, you're not alone. I'm not rebuying two exact same discs just to get an alleged remaster of one film. I find it very odd that, at this point, it hasn't even been determined if GBU is indeed a better transfer. Even if it's the better-received Italian print, the studio should just come clean and tell us. And since they're not releasing the films separately there's even less of an incentive to buy this. My money is on the standalone UK edition of GBU and ONLY if it's a vastly superior transfer.
I agree, its frustrating that there hasn't been a full press release for the set.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That UK steelbook looks great.

Problem is, it translates into roughly $31 before shipping.

For that price, I could buy the complete upcoming American Trilogy set (if same transfer).

I am being lazy...

Is that Steelbook cheaper on Amazon UK?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ronald Epstein said:
That UK steelbook looks great.

Problem is, it translates into roughly $31 before shipping.

For that price, I could buy the complete upcoming American Trilogy set (if same transfer).

I am being lazy...

Is that Steelbook cheaper on Amazon UK?
I'd wait, the steelbook is far too expensive (it was £18.50 at Amazon when I last looked), it'll come down, quite fast. The German release is in a normal amaray case & is only 11.30 euro. I'm going to wait for a normal amaray case & an £8 price tag, & while I'm waiting I can read what everyone has to say about it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Fox is running a 50% off sale for Mothers Day today.

(use code: MOM)

Was hoping to find the new MAN WITH NO NAME trilogy. So far....still searching.

EDIT: Found it, but I guess the MOM code does not apply to this title. Only select titles, I suppose.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ronald Epstein said:
Fox is running a 50% off sale for Mothers Day today.

(use code: MOM)

Was hoping to find the new MAN WITH NO NAME trilogy. So far....still searching.

EDIT: Found it, but I guess the MOM code does not apply to this title. Only select titles, I suppose.
Thanks Ron! Any more news from Fox and MGM about this set? Will there be any further information about the set before it is released?

Thanks!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ronald Epstein said:
Osato,

The studio has sent me no further information on this set.
So strange! Hopefully this all turns out well, but its kind of a concern that they are providing zero information about the release.

I have preordered the set.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Amazon has still not listed the release date. Is this title still happening on June 3rd?

Also, is there definitive confirmation that all 3 films are not mastered from 4K scans?

Thanks!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
foxconnect.com has 6/3 still, so it's amazon.com being slow on the uptake as far as I can tell.

Still no official word on AFOD or FAFDM being 4k or the same previous discs.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Brandon Conway said:
foxconnect.com has 6/3 still, so it's amazon.com being slow on the uptake as far as I can tell.

Still no official word on AFOD or FAFDM being 4k or the same previous discs.
Thanks!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Sigh....

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/331595-tcfhe-press-release-the-man-with-no-name-trilogy-blu-ray-re-release/

The Man With No Name Trilogy Blu-ray
Posted May 15, 2014 05:19 PM by Webmaster
mgm.jpg
MGM Home Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have officially announced that they will release on Blu-ray The Man with No Name Trilogy. The release will be available for purchase on June 3rd.

The Sergio Leone "Spaghetti Westerns" did not simply add a new chapter to the genre...they reinvented it. From his shockingly violent and stylized breakthrough, A Fistful Of Dollars, to the film Quentin Tarantino calls "the best-directed movie of all time," The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, Leone's vision elevated Westerns to an entirely new art form. This definitive Leone collection of the most ambitious and influential Westerns ever made includes more than five hours of special features that uncover buried gold in these gritty classics – plus a NEWLY REMASTERED version of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.

BONUS FEATURES:

Disc 1: A Fistful of Dollars Blu-ray

[*]The Christopher Frayling Archives: Fistful of Dollars
[*]Feature Commentary by noted Film Historian – Sir Christopher Frayling
[*]A New Kind of Hero
[*]A Few Weeks in Spain: Clint Eastwood on the Experience of Making the Film
[*]Tre Voci: Fistful of Dollars
[*]Not Ready for Primetime: Renowned filmmaker Monte Hellman discusses the television broadcast of A Fistful of Dollars
[*]The Network Prologue - with Harry Dean Stanton
[*]Location Comparisons: Then to now
[*]10 Radio Spots
[*]Double Bill Trailer
[*]Fistful of Dollars Trailer
[/list]
Disc 2: For a Few Dollars More Blu-ray

[*]The Christopher Frayling Archives: For a Few Dollars More
[*]Feature Commentary by noted Film Historian – Sir Christopher Frayling
[*]A New Standard (Frayling on For a Few Dollars More)
[*]Back for More (Clint Eastwood remembers For a Few Dollars More)
[*]Tre Voci: For a Few Dollars More
[*]For a Few Dollars More: The Original American Release Version
[*]Location Comparisons
[*]12 Radio spots
[*]Theatrical Trailer
[/list]
Disc 3: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Remastered Blu-ray

[*]Leone's West
[*]The Leone Style
[*]The Man Who Lost the Civil War
[*]Reconstructing The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
[*]Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Part One
[*]Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Part Two
[*]Deleted Scenes
[*]Extended Tuco Torture Scene
[*]The Socorro Sequence: A Reconstruction
[/list][*]Vignettes
[*]Uno, Due, Tre
[*]Italian Lunch
[*]New York Actor
[*]Gun in Holster
[*]Audio Commentary from Film Historian Richard Schickel
[*]Audio Commentary from Christopher Frayling
[/list][*]Original Theatrical Trailer
[*]French Trailer
[/list]

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Osato,

We posted that press release at the same time. Link has been
changed to reflect the posting.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
You know, these downmixes are really insulting. How hard would it have been to include the blasted mono? That's a major dealbreaker for me :(. The sad thing is, I don't think there's an HD release which contains it ANYWHERE! One of the definitive movies of its genre, and the best best is the old SD theatrical cut :(? That's a huge disappointment.PS If there's a proper thread connected to a review, then I apologize for not posting in that, my searching didn't turn it up, Tapatalk is wonky.

johnSM

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet:

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorber...934655096778/1346813698708867/?type=3&theater

Coming this Summer on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1967) (50th Anniversary Edition)

Includes both Original U.S. Theatrical Cut, available for the first time in HD and the extended cut.

Disc 1:
• 4K transfer of the Original U.S. Theatrical Cut
• New Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• “Trailers From Hell” with Ernest Dickerson
• Newly Restored 2.0 Mono Audio
• M.O.S. Deleted Scene of Blondie in the desert finding skeletons
• Trailers for Sergio Leone Westerns
• Italian Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
• English DTS-HD MA 5.1 Audio
• AND MORE – to be announced

Disc 2:
• 4K transfer of the Extended Cut
• Newly Restored 2.0 Mono Audio
• Audio Commentary By Acclaimed Film Historian Richard Schickel
• Audio Commentary By Noted Cultural Historian Christopher Frayling
• Leone's West: Making Of Documentary
• The Leone Style: On Sergio Leone Featurette
• The Man Who Lost The Civil War: Civil War Documentary
• Reconstruction The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
• II Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Featurette
• Deleted Scenes
• Original U.S. Theatrical Trailer
• Original French Theatrical Trailer
• English DTS-HD MA 5.1 Audio
• Italian Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks