What's new

Richard Matheson, 1926-2013 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The last of the great Twilight Zone writers (Third From The Sun, The Invaders and Nightmare At 20,000 Feet are his and some of the best of the series). I also loved his Kolchak telemovies and Duel. His work will be long remembered.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Damn. I loved his stories. I even discussed some of his work with my kids (tho they were more interested in Real Steel than Nightmare at 20,000 Feet). Such a loss.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My favorite was The Incredible Shrinking Man, which I will finally be seeing the movie version soon. I also liked one cautionary short story about "elderly" people being required to take a test, failing which resulted in their execution.

I always wanted to read Somewhere in Time, but I can't imagine it comparing favorably to Jack Finney's Time And Again.

His writing suffered a little in his later years. Or, at least, Hunted Past Reason was really bad.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Eddie Murphy is currently remaking Incredible Shrinking Man.

(Half-tempted to make a joke in poor taste here. . .)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
When I first read Hell House as an impressionable teenager it scared the bejeezers out of me. The movie wasn't quite as effective but still not bad. Thanks for that good scare Mr. Matheson and God's speed.

RIP

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
One of my favourite Sci-Fi writers, since my early youth.

May he rest in peace.

Cees.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks