What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The first of several adaptations of the classic Richard Matheson short story “I Am Legend,” The Last Man On Earth casts Vincent Price in the titular role, and the quality of his performance allows the film to transcend its low budgets into something more memorable.

The Last Man on Earth (1964)

Released: 06 May 1964
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 86 min

Director: Ubaldo Ragona, Sidney Salkow
Genre: Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi

Cast: Vincent Price, Franca Bettoia, Emma Danieli
Writer(s): Richard Matheson, William F. Leicester, Furio M. Monetti

Plot: When a disease turns all of humanity into the living dead, the last man on earth becomes a reluctant vampire hunter.

IMDB rating: 6.8
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Other...

Continue reading...

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Excellent review. The first time I've seen the film since seeing it in 1964. Richard Harland Smith's commentary tracks are always well done

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, I just stumbled onto this review Josh. I tried to watch this movie once waaay back in my teen years. A friend was really into it and suggested I see it when it was airing one night. I couldn’t get into it. But seeing this review has me curious to try to see it again. I never gave it a fair shot. I liked the Charlton Heston version, but the last time I saw it, I felt it had a low budget feel to it.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Interesting, I just stumbled onto this review Josh. I tried to watch this movie once waaay back in my teen years. A friend was really into it and suggested I see it when it was airing one night. I couldn’t get into it. But seeing this review has me curious to try to see it again. I never gave it a fair shot. I liked the Charlton Heston version, but the last time I saw it, I felt it had a low budget feel to it.

I agree with the low budget feel of the Heston version, though I like it. I just ordered this one and am looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks