What's new

Recording on JVC DR-MV1S DVD Recorder (1 Viewer)

BrianCooney

Auditioning
Hello all - I just picked up a DVD recorder from BB.. The JVC DR-MV1S was marked down from $450 to $300 because it was a floor model and there was no remote. I figured I would start nice and slow and just burn from VHS to DVD with the unit. I have dubbed on Aterra Media DVD-R, TDK 2x DVD-R (25 pack), and Maxell DVD-R and the dubbing goes fine, only problem is I am able to playback the DVD on the recorder and nothing else. I have tried it on my cheap Daewoo DVD player that plays everything I throw at it. And I tried it on my Sony DVD burner in my PC and nothing.. My Sony DVD+R RW media wouldnt read in the DVD Recorder so I wasnt able to test on them..

Is it me, the media, or the recorder having issues?

Thanks,

Brian

BrianCooney

Auditioning
Elizabeth, thank for your reply.. I am assuming it finalizes the disc. When the DVD is finished writting the recorder pauses with "please wait" and takes about 30-40 seconds to finish..

Thanks again,

Brian

BrianCooney

Auditioning
Elizabeth - I just went back and checked it out and you were right. I figured the disc would auto finalize. Apperantly I was wrong. I finalized and tested on my OLD Pioneer DV-500 and the disc played perfectly.. Very impressive..

Thanks again!

Brian

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Glad it worked out, Brian!

I think during the "please wait" bit, the info is being written to the disc. Recorders don't auto-finalize so you can add segments to the disc in separate burning sessions before you finish up the disc and are ready to finalize. (Though on my Pioneer 420, I've found it a safer bet to make a copy list for the entire disc and burn in one session. A few times, the semi-recorded disc was not recognized when inserted for further additions, though it works correctly most of the time.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks