What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Rare shows uncut on streaming services (1 Viewer)

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Cheryl Ladd often tells the story how she auditioned for the role of Nancy on Family, and she really wanted the part because it was such a prestigious show, and she was devastated when she didn't get it. Then, Aaron Spelling offered her a part on Charlie's Angels when Farrah quit, and she turned him down, but he eventually talked her into it, and the rest is history.
Yes, I've read interviews where she discussed her interest in joining "Family" and auditioning for it. I believe one of the reasons she didn't get the role is because Silverman favored Baxter-Birney as she was much more well known, she was just coming off of a small but important part in "All The President's Men". She received the last slot in the opening with the prestigious "and Meredith Baxter-Birney as Nancy" credit to go along with it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner
"Hawk" must have been removed. I couldn't find it anywhere on Crackle.
“Hawk” has been re-added to Crackle, along with others that suddenly and mysteriously went missing. Surprisingly, they have also added additional episodes of several of these rare shows AND added a few more rare series such as “Mr. Merlin” and “The Powers That Be.”

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Yep. Right up there with all time stinkers like East Side, West Side & Judd for the Defense.

Gary “it really wasn’t a very good show, but I gave a thumbs up to Ron because he linked the Christmas episode” O.
Yes, East Side West Side was so bad that it got nominated for 8 Emmy Awards. Plus have to give kudos to both shows for NOT having Christmas, or any other fantasy episodes.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Plus have to give kudos to both shows for NOT having Christmas, or any other fantasy episodes.
But it's the fantasy episodes that give shows such as Gilligan's Island and others that delightful, fluffy flavor. That and the amnesia episodes. Whoever, thought of that troupe had a great understanding of what people want to see on television. A warm, comforting, familiar feel that reinforces our understanding of plot and originality.

--jthree

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Yes, East Side West Side was so bad that it got nominated for 8 Emmy Awards. Plus have to give kudos to both shows for NOT having Christmas, or any other fantasy episodes.

Shocking. Elites nominating a show that appeals to elites. And grinches who don’t like Christmas. Who would have ever thought? :laugh:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Neil and I like to have these little yearly run-ins, but it's all in good fun.

Last edited:

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
“Hawk” has been re-added to Crackle, along with others that suddenly and mysteriously went missing. Surprisingly, they have also added additional episodes of several of these rare shows AND added a few more rare series such as “Mr. Merlin” and “The Powers That Be.”
What is the deal with Crackle? Are Gloria and Grady restored? I started watching them then all of a sudden they're gone. I don't want to start watching shows then have them yanked in a short time.

nionlogos18

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamie
Apparently Sony sold some of their stuff to Amazon. Lucy (2003) got removed from Crackle and went onto Amazon. But looking at Crackle now it's re-added. Not sure if Amazon still have the licence but if so Sony seem to be pretty fickle right now

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Did the Rebecca of Sunnyfolk Farm episodes come out in seasons 6 and 7? They were my favorites. That and was it Herbie the Bear?
--jthree
The Rebecca of Sunnyfolk Farm bit was part of the Wrestling Shows in Season 5. That is on the Season 5 DVD package.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Found a show available through Prime (Edit: with a subscription to BET+) I've been wanting to revisit, and would probably qualify as "rare"...

Roc, the 1991-1994 Fox series. I don't think it ever really hit syndication because it only made it three seasons. I know there were reruns on BET for a while, but otherwise, I think it's been MIA since the late-90s.

So, now I know what I'm watching next.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That is a great show.
The last season (last 2) were fully live broadcasts.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just looked . I’m not seeing that it’s included with Prime.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well not free. Included with a separate sub through prime then.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
The Rebecca of Sunnyfolk Farm bit was part of the Wrestling Shows in Season 5. That is on the Season 5 DVD package.
It's actually S6, first airing on Jan. 31, 1968, episode 23 of that season.

It's Jerry Randall, a man, portraying The Boston Strong Girl, and a woman's voice is dubbed in like they did with Jethrine. I *think* they have Linda Henning doing the speaking, but I'm not sure. IMDB doesn't have a listing for the voice-over work.

Bill Baldwin did the ring announcer duties. I find he was a busy man in the 60's! I watched an episode of The Addams Family on PlutoTV the other day and he was doing the news on the radio about a "creature" (Cousin Itt) who had escaped from the zoo. Oddly enough, Alan Reed was also in that episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks