What's new

"Pulp Fiction" Special Edition (Region 0) (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Don't fault Britton for bringing this up. I hear it too and not just in that scene. It's definitely worth mentioning but certainly doesn't ruin the movie. It's only center channel dialogue when people are yelling. On the R1 versions it can be a little abrasive at times but with the Korean version it's crackling.

But the top notch video more than makes up for this little annoyance. I was comparing the Canadian DVD with it tonight and can't believe how much better the Korean is. I knew it looked good when I first played it but comparing the two, it just knocks your socks off. The colors, the detail the brightness are so much better. There is a scene in Jack Rabbit Slims where I can see wrinkles on Travolta's face. This level of detail just can't be seen on either of the R1 releases. It looks like a new movie. Travolta's hair throughout the movie looks much more fake now because of the added detail and the brighter picture. When I first ordered this DVD, I thought the picture would only be improved because of the 16x9 enhancement but this has been totally remastered.

The really nice thing about this is the lack of EE (Edge Enhancement) that's popping up on so many DVD's lately. It wouldn't surprise me if this version turns out to look better than an upcoming R1 SE, whenever that maybe. This, of course, shouldn't happen but you never know.

Jeff

Paul W

Second Unit
Got mine in the mail rather quickly (I was pleasantly suprised at how fast it arrived).
The transfer looks gorgeous. I didn't notice any crackling (but I didn't have it turned up to reference level). I'll have to listen to it again.
Thanks for the tip, Brajesh!
:)
:emoji_thumbsup:

Britton

Screenwriter
The only scene that might have the crackling where the Canadian one doesn't is when Butch is beating up Marcellus in the pawn shop right before the "spider catches a couple of flies."

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Actually the whole soundtrack "seems" lacking compare to the US version.Don't know if the unussually low bit rate[theatrica] has anything to do with it.The worst "offender" to me was at the arrival of Jules and Vincent to the apartment,and Jules makes his "speech".

However I agree that the picture more then makes up to this little annoyance.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Aside from the center channel crackling, I couldn't hear any difference from the Canadian R1 version.

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone that owns this dvd take a picture of the 'spine'? I'm curious what it'll look like on my shelf.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks