What's new

"Pulp Fiction" Special Edition (Region 0) (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Michael, I believe dvdasian.com is located in CA. Looks like they import Asian DVDs to sell stateside. Like I previosuly posted, I got my copy a week after oredring it (my 1st ever order with them).

Emery B

Agent
Brajesh, did dvdasian.com ever update your order status before you received your disc? My order still reads 'processing' after a week...how was your service??

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
My order is still "processing" too...I am getting worried because I have sold my other....
I ordered on Jan 25 - 5 days ago...what is up????
-Mike

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Guys, sorry to hear your order hasn't shipped yet. DVDAsian did update my 'order status' 2 days after I ordered my copy (I received it 5 days later). This was the first time I ever ordered from them.

My guess is they got more orders than they could handle (perhaps due to my thread). I just checked & their phone number is (562)926-3755 if you need to call. Hope you guys do get your DVDs.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I emailed them about my order...here was their response:
Your DvdAsian.com Order
Greetings from DVDAsian.com.
The product you ordered is temporarily " Out of Stock" at this moment, We are very sorry that we didn't update the page fast enough to indicate that is temporarily out of stock.
And is " In Transit" from our supplier and was supposed to
arrive by last week.And we found that the shipment had a delayed shipping from our supplier in Korea. But it will arrived within 2-3days.
Then we will process immediately upon arrival and ship your order as quickly as possible.
The order will be held until all items arrive and become
available to ship.
In the event that a partial order is shipped, you will be
charged for the partial items shipped only.
Rest assured: This will not affect your original shipping
charges.
No purchase is charged to your credit card until we ship the merchandise. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped.
grrrr......

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Keep me informed of your order.

I just want to make sure: Region 0 will play on ANY Region 1 player?

Emery B

Agent
Funny, DVDAsian's site still shows this item as 'IN STOCK' and it has said this since I ordered it on the 24th...:angry: If that email was sincere, then they aren't paying attention to their own system...
And BTW, they CHARGED my CC on Monday!! WTF??

Emery B

Agent
I emailed them too and just got a response:

We are very sorry that we didn't update the page fast enough to indicate that is temporarily out of stock.

But our supplier said it was shipped on 1-24 and we processed and charged all" Pulp Fiction" order to ship immediately when it arrive , later they found that this title was not included in that shipment and they actually shipped on this Monday(1-28) by EMS which will be arrived by tomorrow or 2 days later.

We're very sorry not have better news for you.

Sincerely,

Dvdasian.com Customer Services

To which I replied:

Fair enough. Thank you for your prompt response. I understand that sometimes things are beyone your control in regards to inventory, but that doesn't mean that you should charge your customers for merchandise that you don't yet even have in your possession. Also if you know that you do not have a particular product in stock for WHATEVER reason, don't list on your site that you do. This rubs me as a bad business practice.

Just some feedback. I hope you reconsider these policies. As for my current order, I'll wait for delivery like before with no complaints. I look forward to the product!!

David Hall

Auditioning
Don't worry everyone. I guess I got lucky and got my order in before it was out of stock. It took only 3 days to get it. Here is what I can confirm.

YES - it is 16x9

YES - it looks great compared to the regular US release.

YES - it plays fine in my unmodified Region 1 JVC XV-S65GD DVD player.

It is Dolby Digital 5.1 - Selectable English and Korean subs.

The extras are OK, nothing spectacular. It's worth it to have a decent anamorphic print of this finally.

-dh

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
With the great news of this DVD,anyone know if there will be a US Special Edition anytime soon? I am tired of purchasing the same thing over and over again!

Jeff

Supporting Actor
So do they have Pulp Fiction in stock? I read their reply but I still don't understand what they mean. Their web page says it's in stock at this moment.

I ordered it last Wednesday and my order still says "processing". I'll be pissed if I've been charged and they still don't have it.

Jeff

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So do they have Pulp Fiction in stock? I read their reply but I still don't understand what they mean. Their web page says it's in stock at this moment.
I contacted them about it and they do not currently have the Region 0 Pulp Fiction in stock. Here's a excerpt from the email I received from them yesterday regarding my order, placed last week:

----

The product you ordered is temporarily Out of Stock at this moment, We are very sorry that we didn't update the page fast enough to indicate that is temporarily out of stock.

And is In Transit from our supplier and was supposed to arrive by last week.And we found that the shipment had a delayed shipping from our supplier in Korea. But it will arrived within 2-3days.

Then we will process immediately upon arrival and ship your order as quickly as possible.

---

They go on to say:

---

No purchase is charged to your credit card until we ship the merchandise. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped.

---

It looks like they got a surge of orders for this title, probably as a direct result of the info posted here in HTF, and were caught by surprise.

DP

Jeff

Supporting Actor
It's funny how their web page STILL says it's in stock and always has. I'll wait another week. If it doesn't ship in that time, I will cancel my order.

Jeff

Paul W

Second Unit
So, is this a legit release? I would be very interested in buying something to tide me over to the R1 SE.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Mine has shipped as well, at least according the DVD Asian. Looks like the order from their supplier arrived.

DP

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Hum, what do you know. Mine's been shipped too. The status of my order must have changed shortly after my post above.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks