What's new

Popular Shows not on DVD & Not airing anywhere (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
No matter what the show, studios are also on the hook for discs that don't sell. It costs money to ship them back and mark them down to send them to places like Big Lots that sell them practically at cost. That and increasing amount of control over the content almost back to pre-home video days are why streaming is so attractive to them.
IF things would stay available for streaming, I wouldn't fuss as much. Take Netflix, however. At one point they had a ton of classics from Universal. In one fell swoop they all disappeared. I don't know if Netflix was to blame or if Universal deserves the blame, but either way the shows aren't there to stream. I'm at the mercy of some pencil pusher behind a desk who decides because a show didn't make an extra $5, that they are going to pull it. I know one person does not a difference make, but I cancelled my Netflix over it.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Happy Days seasons 7-11 are what I really miss on TV as of late. As these seasons are not yet available on DVD (except for the season 7 premiere episode, "Shotgun Wedding (Part 1)," which can be found on the Laverne & Shirley season 5 DVD box set as a bonus feature, because the season 5 premiere episode of the latter series is actually the second part of said story arc), these still have the older Paramount logos on them (some original, and some using the 1995 logo).

~Ben

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I've been enjoying 12 O'clock high on YouTube and don't see it anywhere on DVD. It ran for three seasons with 78 episodes. It used to also be on MeTV along with Combat a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks