What's new

Popular films that didn't get a follow-up...but should have. (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

There is a prequel that has been rumored for almost 2 years now, called Precious Sword, Gold Hairpin and is based on parts 2&3 of the pentalogy (CTHD was part 4).

Who knows if it will ever see the light of day, but one can hope.

Chris

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Well it had follow ups but it deserved another one to make up for Thunderdome. It came so close to being made too, Mad Max 4 "Fury Road". That had potential. With George Miller and Mel Gibson onboard, a 104 million budget and todays FX wizadry it coulda been great. Then the war in Iraq broke out and they scrapped the production at the last minute because Namibia was deemed unsafe. Then Mel Gibson brought Jesus back to life and decided to live a holy life... Next George Miller brings you... Babe 3... Yaaaaay... I hate cute pigs.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
According to various sites, Romero got the greenlight to do a 4th dead film, called Land of the Dead. From what I can gather, it is the same story as when it was known as Dead Reckoning.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Culled from somewhere in the internet jungle:

"George Romero is Dead again. The Night of the Living Dead mastermind is returning to familiar zombie territory with the horror pic Land of the Dead. The film follows a group of scavengers trying to gain control of a city run by corpses that have returned from the grave and are evolving into more advanced creatures. Production starts in October."

Can't wait!

And I would like to add 28 Days Later to the list of sequel hopefuls. Lots of places to go with that one (like everywhere else beyond britain.)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

wow you brought this back to say H3.

:thumbsdown:

anyway 3 years later and a bunch of films in here have been sequal'd

28 days later has a sequal. a few others.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator

Cusack completed a film called "War, Inc" that was supposed to come out this fall, but I think it's been pushed back.

While Cusack doesn't play the same character, it seems to be a continuation in all but name only. Here is a synapsis from IMBD:

Cusack plays a hit man assigned to kill a Middle East oil minister. His cover is that he's producing a trade show that includes a wedding between a local pop star and a politico, but complications ensue.

Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884224/

I had seen a trailer on chud.com but I can't locate it right now.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

I was actually going to come in here and say that I loved Halloween 3 and would have liked to see the series remain an anthology. I don't want to see a direct sequel to H3, though, because that movie ends perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks