What's new

Please name the streaming services we're going to have by 2020? (2 Viewers)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I’m currently on Prime (been a member forever and actually like their offerings), Netflix and Hulu. There’s talk of Netflix doing another price increase and that could get me to cancel. I really wish SOMEONE would serve the classic movie fan well. I’d thought about Filmstruck but they’re not an option anymore. Prime does rotate titles like GWTW and The Wizard of Oz, along with some occasional noir thrillers but not consistently or deeply.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was thinking about which ones I could cancel ..Ive got Netflix, Hulu, Youtube Premium and CBS all Access along with amazon due to prime ..thinking youtube Premium and CBS all access will go ..Ive got A lot of shows on DVD so I dont need them ..youtube Premium was so I could see the Cobra Kai Series

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the following:
Vudu
iTunes
Netflix
Hulu through Spotify for only $3.00 per month
Filmstruck which is going away in a few weeks
Amazon Prime
TCM App on iTunes

If Netflix increases their pricing I might drop it for a while. I will probably try out Disney and ATT when they start next year. Depending if they support some classic films will drive my interest in them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And now we have "The Criterion Channnel" coming in 2019.

NEWSLETTER - NOVEMBER 16, 2018

We are incredibly touched and encouraged by the flood of support we’ve been receiving since the announcement that FilmStruck will be shutting down on November 29, 2018. Our thanks go out to everyone who signed petitions, wrote letters and newspaper articles, and raised your voices to let the world know how much our mission and these movies matter to you.

Well, if you loved the curated programming we’ve been doing with our friends at FilmStruck, we have good news for you. The Criterion Collection team is going to be carrying on with that mission, launching the Criterion Channel as a freestanding service in spring 2019.

We’ve been trying to make something a little different for the past two years—a movie lover’s dream streaming service, with smart thematic programming, where the history of cinema can live and breathe, where a new generation of filmmakers and film lovers can explore the classics or revel in rarities, where adventurous cinephiles can champion films that have never gotten their due, and newcomers can easily find guidance from major filmmakers, top scholars, curators, and other experts from all walks of life.
The Criterion Channel will be picking up where the old service left off, programming director spotlights and actor retrospectives featuring major Hollywood and international classics and hard-to-find discoveries from around the world, complete with special features like commentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, and original documentaries. We will continue with our guest programmer series, Adventures in Moviegoing. Our regular series like Art-House America, Split Screen, and Meet the Filmmakers, and our Ten Minutes or Less section will all live on, along with Tuesday’s Short + Feature and the Friday Night Double Feature, and of course our monthly fifteen-minute film school, Observations on Film Art.

Our library will also be available through WarnerMedia’s new consumer platform when it launches late next year, so once both services are live, Criterion fans will have even more ways to find the films they love.

We will be starting from scratch, with no subscribers, so we will need all the help we can get. The most valuable thing you can do to help now is go to Criterion.com/channel and sign up to be a Charter Subscriber, then tell your friends to sign up too. We need everyone who was a FilmStruck subscriber or who’s been tweeting and signing petitions and writing letters to come out and to sign up for the new service. We can’t do it without you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks