What's new

PLEASE Help - Should I buy this Sub?? (1 Viewer)

Openupshop

Grip
Real Name
Mark
Hello,

I have a chance to buy an EPISODE subwoofer, ES SUB EVO12 300 subwoofer, brand new still in box, for $200.

I have 5.2.1 & want to replace or possibly add a 2nd sub
Is this a good buy at $200?

Im 1 step passed a newbie, so I would truly appreciate some help. I searched online for a couple hours, but not much info on this specific model & new model has taken its place.
Here is a link to the product page:
ES Sub 12 300

Thank you. I would truly appreciate any guidance

Last edited:

Openupshop

Grip
Real Name
Mark
Can’t find anything on that particular model, but the brand in general seems to get good reviews.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thank you Wayne, appreciate it. Yea it's weird I've got the same results, nothing much on that model, but the brand has mostly glowing reviews with most of their stuff selling for $800 and above, even used equipment. Hopefully someone sees this that has some familiarity.

Thanks again Wayne!😃

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From what I can tell, it looks like a good sub. It’s sealed, so you know it won’t be fat and sloppy sounding. Decent power. It looks about equivalent to the (non Pro) SVS SB-1000 Which was $500 new.

Openupshop

Grip
Real Name
Mark
From what I can tell, it looks like a good sub. It’s sealed, so you know it won’t be fat and sloppy sounding. Decent power. It looks about equivalent to the (non Pro) SVS SB-1000 Which was $500 new.
Thank you John, thats great to know. I'll check out the SVS you compared it to.

I don't believe it's "sealed". It's in new condition, still in original box, but not sure if I'll get a chance to test it B4 purchase, we may meet at a public place. Gonna offer him $125 -$150 & see what happens. Thank you again for the info.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
“Sealed” is a design element meaning it doesn’t have ports.

Openupshop

Grip
Real Name
Mark
“Sealed” is a design element meaning it doesn’t have ports.
Lol, oops sorry. Now I'm laughing at myself. I incorrectly presumed you meant "sealed," as in new.

Thank you so much for clarifying...it became a learning opportunity for me, I will research "sealed"... on this forum & online...to learn more.

I ended up buying it @ $150. Gonna hook up tomorrow to see how it sounds. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks