What's new

Please help get Conan The Destroyer Uncut released on dvd R1! (1 Viewer)

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
As I understand it he was supposed to be Conan. But some rights issues prevented that in the end. Dont remember where I heard that though.
I've heard that from a few different places, so its probobly true. Basically, the name Conan was changed to Kalidor, and a tiny back story was added to make him a high priest on his way back to the temple.

Not really a bad movie. It just has that "would have been great if R-rated" feel to it.

I've also heard that Kull was originally scripted as Conan 3, but Arnold hated it... (it also has that "would have been great if R-rated" feel).

Oh, while I'm rambling, I was watching a news channel yesterday, and they were talking about California politics, and one guest was bashing Arnold. He says "california doesnt need Conan the sequel". The audience boos, and you can here some yelling 'there WAS a sequel dummy!'.
Whats the point of this story? Well, there are people out there wholiked Conan The Destroyer, so hopefull they will release that UNCUT version.... :)

Nick

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I want to thank everyone who has written to universal home video about the conan the destroyer se dvd.. Its okay to write to them once a month reminding them about the conan the destroyer se. here is the e-mail address: universalstudios&[email protected]

I have created a dream idea of what I would like on the conan the destroyer se dvd. http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdo...2dreamdvd.html

again, thanks for writing,

JACOB

JonSpice

Stunt Coordinator
I got sick and tired of waiting for R1 version of 5.1 after 2 monaural versions. I bought both ConanTB and ConanTD both in R4 and I have never looked back. Screw Hollywood and their monaural sound, we are playing foreign DVD players and some smart people are playing the great 5.1 sound in PAL(Phase Alternating Line) ones with a coverter in to prevent speed up or stretch.:)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the se of conan the destroyer from MGM for region 2/4 did not get the rights to the cut footage.. Only universal can release the uncut version. I have the region 2/4 and region 4 of conan the destroyer and barbarian.

JACOB

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Conan: The Destroyer is childhood classic of mine. I want it to stay that way.
An R-rated cut would only ruin a movie that most people either love or distain. I’d also like to add that this is an - 80s PG movie meaning that violence and female nudity are already present. Btw Grace Jones’ vagina can be seen in the original theatrical cut.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I really enjoyed both of these. Sign me up for any uncut versions in the future. They seem realy unlikly now that Arnolds a senator.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
conan is not a PG rated movie.. everyone knows that.
Jacob I know for fact that the original Conan film was R-rated, but like everyone else the second movie was released as a PG picture. Am I mistaken? Because my post was about the second movie.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
I got sick and tired of waiting for R1 version of 5.1 after 2 monaural versions. I bought both ConanTB and ConanTD both in R4 and I have never looked back. Screw Hollywood and their monaural sound, we are playing foreign DVD players and some smart people are playing the great 5.1 sound in PAL(Phase Alternating Line) ones with a coverter in to prevent speed up or stretch
Well, are not both Conan movies made in mono? That it's the original soundtrack.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
universal decided to make conan family friendly and it backfired..fans of the first movie expected the same violences and sex from the first movie.. they didn't watch it. If you read the original novel by robert jordan you read the differences of the movie from the original R version to the PG version.. Its much better version.
I don't think it will make it better then the first movie, but it will be more complete. like the legend movie.
JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks