What's new

PINKY, ISLAND IN THE SUN and UNMARRIED WOMAN 1/10 (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just saw that on 1/10 Fox is releasing "Pinky", "Island in the Sun" and "An Unmarried Woman" according to DVD Planet.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Here's hoping for another fine Paul Mazursky commentary (maybe with Jill Clayburgh?) on AN UNMARRIED WOMAN, which has held up just fine over the years (and was clearly an inspiration for SEX AND THE CITY two decades later; I think Mazursky, at least, had a guest shot on that show). It's an excellent film that somehow got short-shrifted on home video, and one not so easily pegged as a "chick flick" if you've never seen it.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Great news!

I was so happy to see that Fox is releasing Next Stop Greenwich Village. Now the news of them also releasing An Unmarried Woman makes me that much happier.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
"Pinky" is the only one of the three that interests me. Hopefully it is a Studio Classic title.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm interested in Island in the Sun due to its all-star cast (Joan Fontaine, James Mason, Dorothy Dandridge, Harry Belafonte, Joan Collins, Stephen Boyd, Michael Rennie), the beautiful locations and the themes (politics, interracial love) of the film. This was one of the independent all-star productions Darryl F. Zanuck did during his lengthy sabbatical (1955-62) from being Fox's Chairman of the Board.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Trouble Man (1972) and Stormy Weather (1943) are other 2 titles released by Fox on 1/10.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
This "Pinky" you refer to. Is it the old B&W movie starring Jeanne Crain? If so it's a very good movie, I'd buy it. :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

Yes it is. Crain plays a black woman passing for white. It has been a favorite of mine for many years. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

Yep, I've seen it atleast 10 times. And I love watching Jeanne Crain, one of my favorite actresses. :)

m.cellophane

Agent
Real Name
James
I recently watched a few of my old favorite Jill Clayburgh films (Starting Over, First Monday in October, I'm Dancing as Fast as I Can). I can't wait for An Unmarried Woman.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
In the current issue of Playbill Magazine an article about Jill Clayburgh mentions that she just did the DVD of An Unmarried Woman. If that means an interview or commentary it did not say. However its good news that she has some involvement.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

Now that we have "Pinky" coming, I'd love to see another of my favorite Jeanne Crain films, "Margie" get a DVD release. :D :D

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

And "Apartment for Peggy" Atleast the new release of "State Fair" is almost here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.