What's new

Peter Jackson & Crew talk ROTK Extended Edition DVD and much more (1 Viewer)

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
"I remember hearing something about Weta wanting a ton of money to finish the effects and New Line was considering using another company. I don't know if there's any truth to this but if there is that could be the reason for the delay. Aren't they also doing some reshoots too?"

This was a lie, I remember PJ coming out and making a statement that they have been VERY happy w/ WETA, and will therefore use them for ROTK EE... I cannot wait, it is always worth the wait...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I just to agree with the others with a big NO on Sam putting on the Ring. It doesn't make much sense in the context of the movies. Sure, technically, it does, but not intuitively. Not the way audiences have been trained to think of the ring. Sam putting on the Ring on the very borders of Mordor is folly in that context, and no rationalization (even canonical) will change that.

--
H

Elias A.

Stunt Coordinator
TORN just posted an interview with Matt Lasorsa, New Line's Vice President of Marketing, in which he discusses details regarding the regular and extended editions of ROTK.

http://www.theonering.net/features/i...ttlasorsa.html

Among other details, he confirms that the EE will be released "just before Christmas", and it will be about 4 hours long. It will include more scenes with Faramir, Saruman, and the Mouth of Sauron. He also hints about the sculpture in the gift set, which will be revealed in July.

Tantalizing stuff, but I want more details.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The interview also gives some good insight into why the EE is not coming out early. Makes sense when he explains it in the interview, as they had to hunt everyone back down to interview them this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks