What's new

Paramount Poll - preliminary response (2 Viewers)

Jodee

Screenwriter
I certainly hope Targets makes it out soon. I saw this again recently on AMC (a very nice letterboxed transfer by the way) and showed it to my husband and he agreed it is one of the most suspenseful films ever made, and also very ahead of it's time about mass shootings.
I bet you could get Peter Bogdanovich to do one of his always informative commentary tracks on this, his first film. It would be very interesting to hear his recollections of Boris Karloff.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Thanks indeed, Mr. Blythe, for listening to our comments here about Paramount's library of B films. Hopefully, I will someday be sending you a bouquet of (Blood And) Roses for your efforts.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Great news indeed!
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Thank you Mr Blythe for the wonderful opportunity you afforded us, and for your regular feedback on this forum. It is really appreciated. Thank you.
Mark Edward Heuck - I too, and I know many others as well, who would love to see 'LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..THE FABULOUS STAINS' on DVD. I'm sure that with it's 'cult' appeal and it's starry cast it stands a chance of at least being considered seriously. Fingers crossed - here's hoping!
------------------
M.J.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone, besides Mr. Blythe, compile a list of the top 50 most requested Paramount titles from our requests? I am just curios how high up some of my request were.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Martin,
Thanks again for your unwavering support of this Forum! Could you please supply us with a short list of titles up for revisiting? I hope these will include the following:
1. Hunt for Red October
2. Patriot Games
3. Clear and Present Danger
Thanks
Ed Vandeweerd
icon14.gif

------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Larry,
I maybe wrong, but I have a feeling that the majority of the 40 most requested B movies, were all Horror Titles.
------------------

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
No, 20 were horror titles and 30 were regular titles. Plus there were a few TV series and other odds and ends tucked in there. Frankly the horror titles are the most problematic for reasons I've covered before. The regular titles are more likely to hit DVD first.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
ALRIGHT MARTIN !!!
20 HORROR TITLES!. I am just as happy about regular movies on DVD But WOW 20 Horror, I just hope there is a certain Friday The 13TH 7 Uncut and the clearing of the print has started.
Martin you are Without a doubt the best FAN Friend out there.
Once again thank you Martin
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
C:WINDOWSDesktop164913.art
Please help me get The Sandlot released on DVD. I have started a petition please, please sign it:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002920.html

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Frankly the horror titles are the most problematic for reasons I've covered before.
-Martin
This statement still leads many back to the original request that in order to fullfill the customer and their wants...let another company have the unrated horror films and you all retain the rights to the edited ones.
I do hope Paramount is giving some warrent to the people that requested this titles, and are simply not chalking them up again like what has been done in the past.
After all, the original intent was to find out what "B-Titles" people wanted. People let you know. Going with the mainstream titles first is not really what the poll was about in many peoples eyes.
I am happy that you have let us know what is going on, but there are many just as excited about horror as there is "Pretty in Pink."
Thank you Martin, and my statements are not made in any disrespect to you or Paramount. Horror fans have gotten accustomed to being the 'forgotten' movie goers. Hopefully we will not be forgotten this time.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Hi Martin
I understand you are busy man. I already know there is a list saying which titles got the most votes, But I was wondering If it is not too much trouble could you please, please just post 2 or 3 horror/regular movies which you are planning to definatley release.
No Pressure Intended Martin, I just would like to know 2 or 3 titles which will definatley be released.
Regards,
Ricky

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping we will hear a positive announcement about Brain Candy in the near future.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Brain Candy is very much a under-stated modern classic.
I quess that all we can hope for is that the movie God will smile upon us...

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Sorry, I can't prioritize just yet. The list of titles went to the digital mastering and archive guys who need to see what we've got in the vaults, what state the original elements are in, etc etc. Then there's the clearances. THEY will probably determine the speed with which select titles will be released. Incidentally, this is why titles move around so much on release schedules and why I can't commit to anything. Hey it drives us crazy too. Don't even begin to bring up Grease again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks