What's new

Paramount Poll - preliminary response (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Wow! Great job Martin! Thanks to you and Paramount for listening to us! I cannot wait from Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy, and I'm sure everyone is excited by all the other titles...
Fantastic... I am EXTREMELY happy! Well done!
biggrin.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Just to underline what Martin said, heads would explode if you saw the rigamarole that studios have to go through at times in terms of rights issues when it comes to these releases-- particularly in terms of music. Contracts that are decades old have to be dug up and revised, etc. Apparently the redrafted contracts for "Heavy Metal" (which as you know was held up for nearly 20 years on video because of music rights issues) are frightening in their complexity.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I don't know whether any of you guys can help on this but I have a couple of queries regarding 'Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains'.
Firstly, what was the original aspect ratio of the film? Lou Adler used 2.35:1 for 'Cheech and Chong: Up In Smoke" but on my VHS copy of '...Stains' the framing looks closer to 1.85:1. What aspect ratio was the film made in and what was it shown at earlier this year at the Nuart and other festivals?
Secondly, I know that not everyone, is a fan of the ending of the film, but personally I think it is great (as do many others) - the highlight even. The '…Stains' music video for 'Professionals' (used over the end credits) really rocks and it is so, so cool to see big name stars like Diane Lane and Laura Dern playing air guitars and dressed-up strutting their stuff. I think they actually do a great job. Laura Dern looks slightly different to how she does in the rest of the film, and Diane Lane looks every bit a 'rock star' as she does in the excellent 'Streets of Fire'. They all look like they are having so much fun. I really, really hope that this music video (in it's entirety) gets onto the DVD! Soo cooool!
Thirdly, I cannot for the life of me, work out why this film wasn't given a chance. It's just absolutely great! Everyone, I mean everyone who has seen this film loves it! I don't know anyone who dislikes it and it's huge cult status and a hopeful DVD release is throughly deserved.
Please if you know the answers to the above, please let me know.
------------------
M.J.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Mr. Blythe, for taking our opinions into consideration (lord knows you didn't have to).
I feel oddly compelled to go buy a Paramount DVD right now. I'm off to Best Buy! :)
------------------
My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
It would be GREAT to see "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains" released to DVD now, following Diane Lane's Oscar nomination and all her recent publicity. Any update on the status of this cult favourite? If there is anyway you can make this happen... please do it. Thanks.

DeanKap

Auditioning
Still hanging on for "Four Flies on Grey Velvet" and "Danger: Diabolik". Can we expect them anytime this year?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
If they do another poll, I think it should be for TV shows this time.

Columbia has TV DVD polss and have been very successful with it, and have decided to put stuff out people want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks